testtest

The Armory Life Forum

R
rh23152
Thanks Texas. I have that doc and use it for my 9mm and the Ramshot Silhouette powder. Seems like some of the other manufacturers are willing to let you retrieve a particular load, but not in a document format like Western has. I quite like the doc.
TEXASforLIFE
TEXASforLIFE
What brand are you looking for?
R
rh23152
Hodgdon & Alliant anyway, will be trying some of those powder recommendations. Really do want to get to a cleaner powder, though the Ramshot Silhouette works just fine. Only thing I'm a bit leery on is moving to one of the powders that take very few grains. I worry about a double load and not catching it.
R
rh23152
Distractions happen sometimes, and I'm training myself that when that happens to just clear the reloading stations and start again. At that point I should be good. I'd throw a powder-check system on the Dillon, but with the bullet feeder on I just don't have enough stations.
TEXASforLIFE
TEXASforLIFE
I have a Dillon 550 w/auto powder and stays pretty consistent. I like more of a full case.
R
rh23152
Yeah, my 650 is very consistent as well. Just have a cousin that has been reloading with his buddies for a decade or more. When they tell me to be careful even on my Dillon if I'm using something like Titegroup or Clays, I'm going to err on the side of caution. ;-)
TEXASforLIFE
TEXASforLIFE
What charge plate do you use?
R
rh23152
Sorry, just saw your post. I have the Dillon automatic powder measure on my 650. I run 3-4 cases through, dumping powder back in the hopper, then measure the next few. Usually by then the measurement is within .1 - .2 gn on each. I then sample periodically as I'm reloading just to make sure all is well.
Back