testtest

1911 Operator

I have asked an authorized frontline dealer to order me a 1911 Operator, That was 3 months ago. Does anyone know why it is taking so long to get that gun?
The easiest/quickest answer to your question is supply and demand.
Have you looked around at other LGS’s in your area?
Per a discussion in another thread on the forum 1911’s are a popular commodity.
You can call Springfield Customer Service on Monday at…..
(800) 680-6866
To see what they say might be causing the delay.
Good luck in your search and welcome to the forum.

Also, Springfield likely doesn’t constantly make them; they’ll set up the line for a run of Operators every so often, and that supply will be it until they do it again.

I am waiting for these to come back in stock as well. I have not been waiting as long as you have but I hope they make some soon. I am itching to spend some money.

My LGS says the have 7 Garrisons and 5 Operators on back order. All the online dealers are out of stock.

I have asked an authorized frontline dealer to order me a 1911 Operator, That was 3 months ago. Does anyone know why it is taking so long to get that gun?
My local GS used to have every model 1911 in stock all the time. Fast forward a few months to today and they have zero.

I see Garrison’s at a couple of shops near me all of the time. The other SA 1911s are harder to find.
The only LGS near me that is a Firstline dealer told me they have 7 Garrisons and 5 Operators on back order, All of the online dealers I have looked at have been out of both those and also the "Loaded" and "Ronin" models.

I called and talked to customer service at Springfield Armory, here is what the said.
The Operator is being held up do to the lack of parts :mad:. They also said it would be 6 to 9 months before any would be available:mad::mad:. They did not elaborate on what parts they were missing.
Cant fault them
Is what it is.
Ford Motors, Peterbuilt Trucks and many others have thousands of vehicles sitting idle for lack of key parts or chips.

Peterbuilt had 5 overflow lots the size of stadiums full of trucks that needed parts of one kind or another. Have not seen that in the 8 yrs I’ve worked near their plant

I called and talked to customer service at Springfield Armory, here is what the said.
The Operator is being held up do to the lack of parts :mad:. They also said it would be 6 to 9 months before any would be available:mad::mad:. They did not elaborate on what parts they were missing.
That is disappointing news. Sounds like it is time to order a custom holster, I ordered a holster and magazine already.

Cant fault them
Is what it is.
Ford Motors, Peterbuilt Trucks and many others have thousands of vehicles sitting idle for lack of key parts or chips.

Peterbuilt had 5 overflow lots the size of stadiums full of trucks that needed parts of one kind or another. Have not seen that in the 8 yrs I’ve worked near their plant
I worked for Ford at their truck plant here in Kentucky and still live very close to the plant and although I currently see many trucks and large SUV’s produced there on carriers being trucked out the lots surrounding the plant are FILLED with vehicles just sitting there waiting for parts and the sad part is it was known when I worked there that everything produced was already sold.

I got lucky and found 4 desirable 1911s in a one month period.

First I traded my sig 320 x5 legion for a used LB / Loaded Operator

Same week. Guy I traded legion too, posts a Range Officer Operator in 9mm
Trade him my sig 320 rxp for it.

Week later ..find a Champion Operator in a small LGS.
Trade another pistol for that one..

Few weeks pass.. at local gun show. Last table of the show before walking out
A TRP non railed sitting in glass case..
I Trade him 2 Sig 320s and a few hundred cash on my end to bring it home.
I finally feel I've hit 1911 nirvana.

Just a sucker for beautiful Springfield Armory 1911s

Attachments

• 20221112_163246.jpg
    20221112_163246.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 59
  • 20221022_074855.jpg
    20221022_074855.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 84
  • 20221022_074533.jpg
    20221022_074533.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 62
  • 20221022_184712.jpg
    20221022_184712.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 73
I got lucky and found 4 desirable 1911s in a one month period.

First I traded my sig 320 x5 legion for a used LB / Loaded Operator

Same week. Guy I traded legion too, posts a Range Officer Operator in 9mm
Trade him my sig 320 rxp for it.

Week later ..find a Champion Operator in a small LGS.
Trade another pistol for that one..

Few weeks pass.. at local gun show. Last table of the show before walking out
A TRP non railed sitting in glass case..
I Trade him 2 Sig 320s and a few hundred cash on my end to bring it home.
I finally feel I've hit 1911 nirvana.

Just a sucker for beautiful Springfield Armory 1911s
NICE

Back