testtest

.22 lr conversion

Just waiting on my Saint 5.56 to get the good old NJ treatment but I was wondering if there was a .22 conversion for it so I can actually shoot it at my pistol range. Been waiting forever for a .22 kit for my old school .45 XD but apparently advantage arms isnt pressed to make them.

jfmorris

Master Class
Founding Member
I've been thinking of getting something like this at some point:

Note that the included magazines are 25 rounds, and may not be legal in some states. I don't know if they make or sell a 10 round version of the magazines. Regardless, other companies also make a similar product that will let you remove the bolt-carrier group and replace it with one that converts you from 5.56 to .22LR. This won't work with any caliber AR-15 setup other than .223/5.56.

KillerFord1977

Hellcat
Founding Member
I've been thinking of getting something like this at some point:

Note that the included magazines are 25 rounds, and may not be legal in some states. I don't know if they make or sell a 10 round version of the magazines. Regardless, other companies also make a similar product that will let you remove the bolt-carrier group and replace it with one that converts you from 5.56 to .22LR. This won't work with any caliber AR-15 setup other than .223/5.56.
Used to be about 18 months ago you could by a S&W M&P15-22 AR for $300. A $230 conversion wasnt worth it.

now a-days with prices a little higher, those conversion kits like the PSA are a little more palatable stake for a .22 AR

jfmorris

Master Class
Founding Member
Used to be about 18 months ago you could by a S&W M&P15-22 AR for $300. A $230 conversion wasnt worth it.

now a-days with prices a little higher, those conversion kits like the PSA are a little more palatable stake for a .22 AR

Agreed. Surprisingly, my LGS has a S&W AR pistol in 22LR for sale at $449 right now. Other 22's like the Ruger 10/22 and Wrangler have come down since the height of the pandemic - the 10/22 is now $222, and the Wrangler $179 - the lowest I've ever seen it advertised. So maybe things are starting to improve.