testtest

44 mag issues

I reload my own 44 mag with alliant 2400 20gr with a 240 grain swc. I've shot alot of these loads through a Ruger Super Blackhawk and a 1894 marlin with no issues. ok...I'm on my 3rd reload on these. Today I had some stick...I mean had to take cylinder out stick! had 2 in the marlin try to stick. I did reload some 17gr under the 240 gr swc with 2400. they seemed hotter in the pistol and also stuck. same in marlin... any help is greatly appreciated.

While I do reload 44mag, I've never used 2400. The only powders I've use are 296, lil gun and h110. Not a lead shooter, wish I could help. If guns are maintained/cleaned well then that removes part of the equation. Next have you checked case length before loading (not oal, case only). What is your reloading regiment?

While I do reload 44mag, I've never used 2400. The only powders I've use are 296, lil gun and h110. Not a lead shooter, wish I could help. If guns are maintained/cleaned well then that removes part of the equation. Next have you checked case length before loading (not oal, case only). What is your reloading regiment?
I was kinda of leaning towards case length also since he reloaded these several times

I tumble, deprime, resize ,bell, powder charge and seat and crimp. honestly haven't checked case length, heard only on rifle rounds you trim. I do keep my rugers and marlin in tip top condition.

Back