testtest

.45 ACP Speer Lawman Ammo Available - 75 Boxes in stock at last count

My LGS got a pallet of .45acp in this weekend and it sold out almost instantly!

They still had a few boxes of Federal 180gr 10mm in stock today for $23 a box of 50 so I picked some up even though I have a decent amount already at home because who knows what's next with the ammo shortage....☹

I'd set my limits several months ago at $20 a box for 9mm and $25 a box for 45 acp. I've managed to hold strong so far, but only because I had a decent amount of ammo saved up. I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out if the ammo crisis keeps going strong. My range trips now consist of .22 LR, unless I'm breaking in a new gun, so I still have most of my stash. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if gun makers start listing a "cost per 100 rounds fired" rating on new guns, kind of like car makers list the miles per gallon.

I'd set my limits several months ago at $20 a box for 9mm and $25 a box for 45 acp. I've managed to hold strong so far, but only because I had a decent amount of ammo saved up. I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out if the ammo crisis keeps going strong. My range trips now consist of .22 LR, unless I'm breaking in a new gun, so I still have most of my stash. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if gun makers start listing a "cost per 100 rounds fired" rating on new guns, kind of like car makers list the miles per gallon.
I hear ya... I might just have to pull out my break-action air rifle just to have something to shoot. Need to get to a range with this new RO of mine but imagine $1.10 a shot? Only have 100 rounds on Winchester white box, that will go quick. Got that last month for $29.99/50, in hindsight, should have stocked up.

Hey, 2020 really is hindsight now. :ROFLMAO:

Hunters around here were offering $2-3 a round for 30/30 and 30-06. They never thought of hunting season last winter when this mess got started. I thought about renting out my muzzle loader and possibles bag, enough gear to handle a couple dozen Deer around KY. :D

Hunters around here were offering $2-3 a round for 30/30 and 30-06. They never thought of hunting season last winter when this mess got started. I thought about renting out my muzzle loader and possibles bag, enough gear to handle a couple dozen Deer around KY. :D
Probably fired 30-06 shells are worth a buck apiece for reloading.

Gone goodbye. 75 boxes in hours at that price. Four grand of one type of ammo sold during night hours at one online dealer. I think we're in this for the long haul.

So it got me thinking, why am I assuming my LGS is wiped out? I called ONE of them up (we have a few in Scottsdale, lol) and the fella said "C'mon down, I have a stack of Federal .45ACP white box hardball, $30 for 50 rounds, 1 box per customer per day." In a half hour I had another 50 rounds, no overly bloated PPR (given the current online prices, I'll take it!) and no shipping charges. Done with the online battle, lol.

So I called my LGS today to ask if any Federal .45 ACP hardball was left, figuring it was long gone from Tuesday, and the sales guy says he has two boxes left, $35. I said I bought a box the other day for $30. He said "they're $35 now." I replied that it was fine (still better than the internet), and then asked if it's still one per customer...

He replies, "Why don't you come in and buy both so we can stop talking about it."

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm still cracking up 12 hours later... and now I'm 100 rounds richer. THAT'S why you go to your LGS!

Back