testtest

5.56 vs. 300 BLK: Which Do You Need?

Thanks Mike for the article! Next we need too see wind hold for the 4 different grains. The 300bo would be interesting! As an sbr/pistol the bo isn't too bad 200-300 yards. TSiWRX posted in a 300bo thread about a 1k yard shots with this cartridge. What was funny about it is one said it has an effective range of 1k yards. Just so you can shoot it that far doesn't make it effective! I think it's just blind luck!!! Every cartridge has a purpose for its range. I still haven't been able too get better clarification what is classified as effective. When I see the difference between a 300wm and a 338lm, there isn't much change. 200-300 yards at most. If you have any information about "Effective Range " terminology, please let me know! I have 2 8 1/2" and 1 16" barrels in the 300bo. The 16" is more for testing against published load data. It is a good caliber for what it's intended for! So many people scoff at this cartridge! Thanks again! Mike at Armory Life!

Great article, although I would compare them to gasoline and diesel. One has a little more torque and power while the other is a little faster. Both are great at what they are designed for.
Steel vs aluminum
Great article, although I would compare them to gasoline and diesel. One has a little more torque and power while the other is a little faster. Both are great at what they are designed for.

Thanks Mike for the article! Next we need too see wind hold for the 4 different grains. The 300bo would be interesting! As an sbr/pistol the bo isn't too bad 200-300 yards. TSiWRX posted in a 300bo thread about a 1k yard shots with this cartridge. What was funny about it is one said it has an effective range of 1k yards. Just so you can shoot it that far doesn't make it effective! I think it's just blind luck!!! Every cartridge has a purpose for its range. I still haven't been able too get better clarification what is classified as effective. When I see the difference between a 300wm and a 338lm, there isn't much change. 200-300 yards at most. If you have any information about "Effective Range " terminology, please let me know! I have 2 8 1/2" and 1 16" barrels in the 300bo. The 16" is more for testing against published load data. It is a good caliber for what it's intended for! So many people scoff at this cartridge! Thanks again! Mike at Armory Life!
I always say effective range is what one has trained for and can perform at reliably. It may be different for everyone.

I'm coming at this completely subjectively... I've shot sub-sonic .300 BLK supressed and it was very cool, quiet, with minimum recoil. My AR556 is a growly cat and (so I've heard) a suppressor will only have so much net effect. Point is, for more enjoyable supressed shooting, I've heard (and experienced) that the .300 BLK is the way to go.

Again, a completely amateur opinion. Your mileage is sure to vary :cool:

For me it’s Not so much a need but an enjoyment in shooting all 4 of my AR platforms. I’ve yet to get my mind wrapped around all the specs of each round and what they can and cannot do I just enjoy kicking back on any given day and putting rounds down range and holes in paper. My satisfaction comes from getting better every time I shoot.
B6DFBA26-303D-4E48-8876-B2EE1BDA2960.jpeg

Back