testtest

5 CCW Tips for Older Armed Citizens

Good link and good reading, nice information.

@ 66yrs old and in pretty good shape too ,I run ,work out and go to the range at least 2 to 3 times a month minimum and take skill builders class once a year & read read read Gun laws & how too and Make Love to girl - What a Life - thank you GOD

I agree that this is a good article for elderly folks. I'd like to mention that if you are suffering from loss of hand and arm strength and still prefer a semi-auto, consider a subcompact like the new Hellcat or P365 with a mini-optic. A well made optic made of light-weight aircraft grade aluminum (like the new Swampfox Sentinel) can be used as a racking handle. Just place the web of your thumb and forefinger over the optic and while holding your piece close to your chest, activate the slide. No sling-shot racking required nor desired! I am not sure this is a good idea with optics made of plastic or composite material so choose your sighting system carefully.

While this article is lacking in detail and is mostly a rehash of obvious information, it still serves a purpose.

My mother habitually packed a Colt 1911 for many years. Over the years her strength declined and she downgraded caliber and gun size to accommodate her physical limitations, The day she died at 103, she had a Beretta Tomcat with her.

She was, in her day, one of the best female shots with pistols, rifles, and shotguns in Henry County, Illinois where she was born and died not too far from Springfield Armory. She had one of their early M1As in the gun rack loaded and ready to go before leaving the farm.

Totally agree with the writer on a 380 being sufficient as a carry weapon. The new rounds by makers such as Underwood are deadly to say the least. Practice makes perfect, so join a range and enjoy these "silver" yrs as I do.

Attachments

• Springfield 911 380  Alpha.JPG
    Springfield 911 380 Alpha.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 187
Back