testtest

5 Most Influential Gun Inventors You Should Know

Very good article and read on 5 top firearms inventors we all should know, good story

The author forgot about John Pedersen (May 21, 1881 – May 23, 1951). He was a prolific arms designer who worked for Remington and later for the government. It is said that John Browning told Maj. Gen. Julian Hatcher that Pedersen "was the greatest gun designer in the world". He was issued 69 patents that covers quite a few firearms.

Really do enjoy the history articles from PewPew, and also find quite few of their reviews to be informative and pretty helpful.
Yeah they have a lot of informative and helpful articles and reviews, though I don't always agree with them when they review things and make blanket statements about some things. But then Travis Pike is by all accounts a bad ass and I disagree with a lot of the stuff he writes. Way moreso than PPT actually.

Yeah they have a lot of informative and helpful articles and reviews, though I don't always agree with them when they review things and make blanket statements about some things. But then Travis Pike is by all accounts a bad ass and I disagree with a lot of the stuff he writes. Way moreso than PPT actually.
I agree. Some cherry-picking is required, and it does help to see whose reviewing. Definitely, like Travis' stuff.

Look up John Browning designed firearms, the list is pretty impressive. When Winchester asked him to design a competitor to the recent Marlin gun, he said he would develop a prototype within a month or it would be free. It took him 2 weeks to design the 1892 Winchester prototype. Browning's gun making story is a fun read. Colt's story of revolvers is great as well. I am into Western history and love reading about it and shooting the weapons of the era.

John Hall definitely needs to be up there
Hmmmmm. Possibly... Not sure he should be on this list. His manufacturing principles and processes were actually more important and influential than his rifle turned out to be, in my opinion.

It is true those principals where used to help modernize firearms making, but they were so much more I think than just firearms related.

Back