testtest

Range Bag Must-Haves

I always have a few things in my bag that weren't mentioned. When finished shooting, I feel more confident, and ready for trouble, after a quick "touch-up" on my carry pistol with a bore snake and a small blast of Hoppe's Gun Medic into the action. That will suffice until I'm home and can clean it thoroughly. Also, after loading up and packing up, hand wipes are helpful until you can get to soap and water.

I always have a few things in my bag that weren't mentioned. When finished shooting, I feel more confident, and ready for trouble, after a quick "touch-up" on my carry pistol with a bore snake and a small blast of Hoppe's Gun Medic into the action. That will suffice until I'm home and can clean it thoroughly. Also, after loading up and packing up, hand wipes are helpful until you can get to soap and water.
Thankfully the ranges in my area have hot water and soap available. However at the outdoor ranges, the wipes are a definite plus to have. I don't shoot the gun I am carrying for that day. As I swap my EDC's I always take the one I am wanting to shoot in my range bag and keep a concealed carry on me as well.

Thankfully the ranges in my area have hot water and soap available. However at the outdoor ranges, the wipes are a definite plus to have. I don't shoot the gun I am carrying for that day. As I swap my EDC's I always take the one I am wanting to shoot in my range bag and keep a concealed carry on me as well.
Yes, my range has restrooms also, just not near the range.

I carry the usual, targets, muffs, glasses, ammo, small tool set, stapler and staples also small first aid kit, since my outdoor range is out in the boonies, I also pack a small Ruger LCP just in case somebody tries something and I can’t get to/or my primary gun is grabbed, in this day and age, you just don’t know. My range is secure by a locked gate and fence around it, but in today’s world, I wont take chances.

I carry the usual, targets, muffs, glasses, ammo, small tool set, stapler and staples also small first aid kit, since my outdoor range is out in the boonies, I also pack a small Ruger LCP just in case somebody tries something and I can’t get to/or my primary gun is grabbed, in this day and age, you just don’t know. My range is secure by a locked gate and fence around it, but in today’s world, I wont take chances.
Ditto on taking extra precautions, just in case. Our range is self-serve, secluded, with no SO/RO, and a lot of times I'm the only one there.

Forgot a bag of 'foamies' someone is always bound to forget ears.

Totally right about that!

I was at the range Sunday and there was a guy and his wife who showed up without ear protection I offered them some foamies. Being in construction I keep a handful in my range bag and center console at all times.

A view of Sundays session!
IMG_47271.jpg

Most of the necessities are in the shack behind the benches. The only thing I bring with me is eye and hearing protection and guns and ammo.

Back