testtest

911 380 production

flwflw

Alpha
My wife purchased a 911 380 for a Christmas gift for me November 2020. The pistol would not feed manufactured 380 ammunition. I returned it to Springfield for repair, they returned it to me as repaired. It still would not feed 380 ammunition so I returned it for a second repair. After much discussion with Springfield they said they would replace the 911 with a new 911. I was told it could take 3 to 6 months. July 2021 was six months. Springfield has informed me that they are still not producing for 911 so my option is to wait until it is in production again. It has been a year since the pistol was purchased. Does anyone on this site have any information about when Springfield will be producing the 911 380?

I have no information about production timetables, but I know there were a lot of feeding problems with those guns. My buddy has one of the earlier ones and he has had no issues, but a lot of people have.

I think personally since the gun never worked from day one they should refund your money. I am perplexed why their smiths couldn't fix the problem. Unfortunately you are probably going to have to just wait it out and hope the new 911 you get runs. Not to pour salt in the wound brother, but for the money you spent you weren't far away from just getting a Sig.

My wife purchased a 911 380 for a Christmas gift for me November 2020. The pistol would not feed manufactured 380 ammunition. I returned it to Springfield for repair, they returned it to me as repaired. It still would not feed 380 ammunition so I returned it for a second repair. After much discussion with Springfield they said they would replace the 911 with a new 911. I was told it could take 3 to 6 months. July 2021 was six months. Springfield has informed me that they are still not producing for 911 so my option is to wait until it is in production again. It has been a year since the pistol was purchased. Does anyone on this site have any information about when Springfield will be producing the 911 380?
There seems to me to be way too many customer service issues with SA.
I hope someone with the authority to make adjustments becomes aware.
Even with a superior product poor CS is negative PR .

Already a year.
Can't repair.
We will hold your $$ until further (unknown) production date?
Does not sound like SA quality to me.

I have no information about production timetables, but I know there were a lot of feeding problems with those guns. My buddy has one of the earlier ones and he has had no issues, but a lot of people have.

I think personally since the gun never worked from day one they should refund your money. I am perplexed why their smiths couldn't fix the problem. Unfortunately you are probably going to have to just wait it out and hope the new 911 you get runs. Not to pour salt in the wound brother, but for the money you spent you weren't far away from just getting a Sig.
My only option that I see is a Sig P238 I don’t think that is available either. I first chose Springfield 911 380 because it’s a perfect fit in my hand. If I could get my hands on a P238 I would probably call Springfield and tell them refund my money. I have a Walther PPQ and the Springfield hellcat so I have 9 mm covered.

Contact @Mike H. he may have more insider information.

Back