testtest

A day in the life of an EDC knife.

Sld1959

Hellcat
Yesterday, my birthday, was like most days since I started carrying a knife oh 54, 55 years ago, and just like all those days the chores performwd by the blade where pretty pedestrian.

Day started out filling bird feeders

20230519_102057.jpg

20230519_102446.jpg

Then moved on to cutting zip ties to add faux ivy to the snowglobe.

20230519_101416.jpg

Then I watered the hanging plants with plant food.

20230519_101201.jpg

Then I made some pool noodle bumpers for beams in the garage and car ports to save car doors.

20230519_100620.jpg
20230519_095705.jpg

And the day ended with a nice steak dinner and the blade was used for its most pleasurable task.

20230519_105048.jpg

A typical day for my EDC knife, and not a single tactical bad guy defensive use, again... oh well it's ready if it ever occurs, even though it's chosen for it ability to perform mundane chores more than some of the more martial designs.

Yesterday, my birthday, was like most days since I started carrying a knife oh 54, 55 years ago, and just like all those days the chores performwd by the blade where pretty pedestrian.

View attachment 39695
View attachment 39696

View attachment 39697

View attachment 39698

Then I made some pool noodle bumpers for beams in the garage and car ports to save car doors.

View attachment 39699View attachment 39700

And the day ended with a nice steak dinner and the blade was used for its most pleasurable task.

View attachment 39701

A typical day for my EDC knife, and not a single tactical bad guy defensive use, again... oh well it's ready if it ever occurs, even though it's chosen for it ability to perform mundane chores more than some of the more martial designs.
And I'm over here all PO'ed because 6 days after I ordered my UTX-85 and 5 days after they shipped it, not only is it not in today's mail, but USPS has no tracking info on it. Priority shipping too.

Man, between Blade Ops and Midway I'm about to re-think everyone I do business with. Don't these people understand that crap shipping is a huge deal breaker for me? Y'all charged my card, I want my :poop:.

That reminds me though, I need to refill the bird feeders and the hummingbird feeders.

Very nice knife. We grow attached to them like an old friend.

I was issued this Kershaw more than 20 years ago and has been sharpened so many times the serrated part is gone. It works great on horse and dog food bags and wine foil and baler twine and just about anything I want to cut, pry, scrape, or hammer.

Attachments

• 20230519_165139.jpg
    20230519_165139.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 97
And I'm over here all PO'ed because 6 days after I ordered my UTX-85 and 5 days after they shipped it, not only is it not in today's mail, but USPS has no tracking info on it. Priority shipping too.

Man, between Blade Ops and Midway I'm about to re-think everyone I do business with. Don't these people understand that crap shipping is a huge deal breaker for me? Y'all charged my card, I want my :poop:.

That reminds me though, I need to refill the bird feeders and the hummingbird feeders.
That is why I will pay the extra and avoid usps like the plague. After they stole my leather mag holsters, I will never again use usps. Fedex, UPS, even DHL.

View attachment 39695
View attachment 39696

View attachment 39697

View attachment 39698

View attachment 39701

Happy belated birthday!

Mondays tasks where just as boring, no bad guys just plenty of small tasks. Cut open burlap bags holding the roots of several trees I planted in the am.

Then opened bags of fertilizer to help them get settled and growing. Next it cut twine to use supporting them while they are small.

Next it cut a piece of cardboard for a free sign to get rid of an old mower.

Lastly it was used to open the days mail.

View attachment 39695
View attachment 39696

View attachment 39697

View attachment 39698

View attachment 39701

Nice knife.
I train/teach Filipino Martial Arts and part of the training involves the use of blades like Machetes and knives. I have training blades but will sometimes put duck tape over the blade of a live blade to train, but not on a student...:)
I have a few blades in different shapes(Karambit, Spearpoint, Butcher). I even have a OTF(Out The Front) knife.
Part of the training we do are techniques where the folding knife is closed and we use the metal ends to strike pressure points and other targets. It's advanced training but I used it a few times in self-defense and was able to avoid having to cut someone. The beauty of these techniques is that you can also do them in a pinch with a folded newspaper or AARP magazine...:)
Since I don't like to make civilians nervous, I usually carry folding knives in public. I will carry a smaller fixed blade sometimes but not usually a Karambit as those knives sometimes draw a little negative attention. I prefer to fly under the radar as much as possible.
3 of the blades in the picture were bought at a local pawn shop used for under $35 each. I have a couple of Benchmade knives that were gifts, but I only carry them when I'm wearing a suit and tie which isn't often anymore...:)

Attachments

• Karabmits05032023.jpg
    Karabmits05032023.jpg
    915.3 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Back