testtest

Shield RMSc Review: Improve Your Hellcat’s Reflexes

I was going to say that looked like a security bit screw. I know there is definitely variance between bits and frankly for removing these screws I would use actual hardened drivers instead of bits in universal drivers. My guess is there is LocTite on these screws
Agreed. Once I had a snug fit in the screw though I gave it a little twist and to my surprise, both screws came out with very little effort. I did see the thinnest blue line on the screws. I will be buying a hardened Torx soon.

Agreed. Once I had a snug fit in the screw though I gave it a little twist and to my surprise, both screws came out with very little effort. I did see the thinnest blue line on the screws. I will be buying a hardened Torx soon.
I would also use a torque driver and NO LOCTITE when you reinstall the new screws.

I have found similar issues with the mounting hardware that came with my red/green dots. It seems like the Chinese made hardware is not on spec for either Torx or hex sizes. For my Hellcat with a RomeoZero, I was able to find some US made hex screws that was a correct fit for my Matco hex bits. The Holosun AEMS came with a plastic tool that your suppose to use to attach it to a standard rail. A phone call to Holosun Support brought forth a torque spec of 15 in/lbs. A Matco #10 Torx socket had a 15-20 degree slop that stripped out at 7 in/lb. A call to Holosun got me some free replacement screws. They were marginally better but not by much. For the price we pay for this stuff, you would think that the companies would provide bits that fit their hardware.

May I ask where you found a T10 security bit? My cheap T10 bit is a loose fit in my Pro's OSP screws. "Torx security" is a new concept for me. ;-)
-
I bought a Wiha T10 security driver, assuming German quality and more compliant dimensions of a security type may combine for a tighter fit in 3rd-world screws. I hope.
-

I have found similar issues with the mounting hardware that came with my red/green dots. It seems like the Chinese made hardware is not on spec for either Torx or hex sizes. For my Hellcat with a RomeoZero, I was able to find some US made hex screws that was a correct fit for my Matco hex bits. The Holosun AEMS came with a plastic tool that your suppose to use to attach it to a standard rail. A phone call to Holosun Support brought forth a torque spec of 15 in/lbs. A Matco #10 Torx socket had a 15-20 degree slop that stripped out at 7 in/lb. A call to Holosun got me some free replacement screws. They were marginally better but not by much. For the price we pay for this stuff, you would think that the companies would provide bits that fit their hardware.
All my red dots except the one pistol RDMS I have ( Vortex Venom) are Holosuns or Sig Romeo 5s ( which is a rebranded Holosun). I use a hardened T-10 driver ( not a bit that slips into a universal driver ) on them for removal and I use Wheeler bits in my Fat Wrench for installing them.

Did you ever get a footprint drawing for Hellcat Pro? I need one too!
-
I never got a response from SA. That I can remember, i've never received a response to any email I've ever sent to them.

I also never received any answer from the the CSR I talked to on the phone, about the mounting or the difference in the Hellcat vs Hellcat Pro triggers.

I did find the following online. The only difference I see is a slight difference in the depth of the holes for posts, 1.7mm vs 1.3mm. It is a common footprint. I installed a semi low cost red dot, MeCanik M01 I believe, to try out since it is my first one for a handgun.

Also worth noting, the Optics-trade website has hundreds of drawings for all the different optics.

Screenshot_20220909-083131_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220909-083008_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
May I ask where you found a T10 security bit? My cheap T10 bit is a loose fit in my Pro's OSP screws. "Torx security" is a new concept for me. ;-)
-
I actually had the bit already in my tool chest. Looking thru one of the bit kits I had I found a group of the security bits that worked great.

I bought a Wiha T10 security driver, assuming German quality and more compliant dimensions of a security type may combine for a tighter fit in 3rd-world screws. I hope.
-
Never heard of Wiha but I'm guessing they should work fine for you.

Finally adjusted POI for the Crimson Trace RAD Micro on my Hellcat Pro. Man, those windage/elevation screws are touchy! I assumed 1/4 turn would barely move POI. Wrong.

Anyway, shooting groups with the red dot is sooo much easier than open sights. And now I can call my shots, as a dancing dot at trigger break leaves an impression on my eye, and suggests I need more practice. Here's five shots at 14 yards off a sandbag rest (Rem 124-gr Golden Saber):

Hellcat Dot 5x Rem 124 G.S. @14 yds-2.jpg
-

Back