testtest

A New Indoor Gun Range is Coming to Town!

David N.

Professional
Founding Member
I'm excited to announce that my town is finally getting an indoor gun range. Residents have been traveling out of town for decades to find gun ranges available to maintain technical and tactical proficiency. For example, I traveled 70 miles round-trip today to visit my local (out of town) gun range.

In an interview, the co-owner and manager was quoted as saying the gun range would feature 14 lanes (25-yards in length) with the ability to expand in the future to include four 100-yard rifle lanes. It would also have a "HUGE" retail store, classrooms for instruction, and the ability to offer food and beverages.

This new gun range will be located a little over a mile from my house. I'm so excited for this new destination coming soon to the Lawton-Fort Sill community.

I'm excited to announce that my town is finally getting an indoor gun range. Residents have been traveling out of town for decades to find gun ranges available to maintain technical and tactical proficiency. For example, I traveled 70 miles round-trip today to visit my local (out of town) gun range.

In an interview, the co-owner and manager was quoted as saying the gun range would feature 14 lanes (25-yards in length) with the ability to expand in the future to include four 100-yard rifle lanes. It would also have a "HUGE" retail store, classrooms for instruction, and the ability to offer food and beverages.

This new gun range will be located a little over a mile from my house. I'm so excited for this new destination coming soon to the Lawton-Fort Sill community.
That’s really good news, my outdoor range is about an hour round trip but it’s a great place. I do have an indoor range close by with a pistol range and a separate indoor 4 table 100 yard rifle range but the owner of the place is a jerk and his hourly rate is outrageous. The last time I was there I was 15 minutes from the end of my hour and this guy stops me from shooting to tell me there was a class coming in and I had to finish up and leave. I’ve not been back since.

Anyway it sounds like you got a winner and close by. Awesome.

The cost is astronomical for indoor ranges because of ventilation and recovery systems. Somebody gots some bucks or a rediculious amount of stimulus money.
yeah, and seriously, i hope they charge enough to cover the damages "some" gun owners will cause, like what i have seen at one range i go to (a public one like the op is going to have), when the shot gunners don't take aim and blow out portions of the overhead protection boards, or the target machine/slide assembly..(the gantry??)

That’s really good news, my outdoor range is about an hour round trip but it’s a great place. I do have an indoor range close by with a pistol range and a separate indoor 4 table 100 yard rifle range but the owner of the place is a jerk and his hourly rate is outrageous. The last time I was there I was 15 minutes from the end of my hour and this guy stops me from shooting to tell me there was a class coming in and I had to finish up and leave. I’ve not been back since.

Anyway it sounds like you got a winner and close by. Awesome.
Yeah, my current range has an all-day rate and a very friendly staff. The family has owned the business since the 40s!

yeah, and seriously, i hope they charge enough to cover the damages "some" gun owners will cause, like what i have seen at one range i go to (a public one like the op is going to have), when the shot gunners don't take aim and blow out portions of the overhead protection boards, or the target machine/slide assembly..(the gantry??)
What tha! I don't know how this happens, especially when you're supposed to practice muzzle discipline.

What tha! I don't know how this happens, especially when you're supposed to practice muzzle discipline.
cuz morons that never had a gun, never took a class think that what they see on tv or the movies is all true, so they do it too.

oh, they get kicked out THAT day...but end up coming back another day.

if it were me, and i owned a public range.>??

i'd make it mandatory that ALL customers pay a standard class fee for at least 2 hours.

and if they ever got kicked out..??

it'd be a lifetime ban.

That's great news. How long before it's complete? The last indoor range I belonged to was $300 a year and I am told that's cheap.
Not sure, but they've broken ground and installed sidewalk for the business. At first, the wife and I guessed it was another bank or fast food joint.

They posted a range survey for membership packages and proposed monthly rates.

That's great news. How long before it's complete? The last indoor range I belonged to was $300 a year and I am told that's cheap.
at the public range i go to, i am a member, right now my membership is good for 3 more years. however, one can just pay for 1 hours worth of range time.

and that is only $25, for one lane. so if they bring a guest, they still only get ONE lane..

members can "bump" an hourly person for a lane if it is crowded, and i think that's only right to do so. an hourly user, should never have a lane over a member.

Back