testtest

Again With the Front Sight!

Talyn

Hellcat
Founding Member
Three things make focusing on the front sight a critical part of marksmanship: the geometry of sight alignment, the human eye’s depth of field and what wiggles the most on a firearm. Let’s start with geometry.

Again With the Front Sight!

1610599276544.png

BangBang

Professional
Good post and I think we have discussed this before and you should see some improvement if you focus on your front sight. Your rear sight will be a little blurry as well as your target. I believe we have talked about who shoots with both eyes open or not. I shoot both eyes open and my front sight is as clear as I can make it and it works well.

David N.

Custom
Founding Member
Good post and I think we have discussed this before and you should see some improvement if you focus on your front sight. Your rear sight will be a little blurry as well as your target. I believe we have talked about who shoots with both eyes open or not. I shoot both eyes open and my front sight is as clear as I can make it and it works well.
I like that green front sight. I may switch out the red pipe for a green one.

Sigma4506

Operator
Founding Member
Front sight, what front sight? The only way I can see my front sight is to tilt my head back to an uncomfortable angle using my bifocals. I have been target-focused for the last couple of years. That rear peep sight does look interesting.
I had the same problem and decided to try these and they Worked for me =inexpensive -i bought the .50 and .75 and 1.00 , the .50 worked great for me and i can see the Front sight like i was 30 yrs old again lol -check them out they might work for you - Remember what works for some Don't for others - https://www.ebay.com/itm/ELVEX-RX-5...374838&hash=item3f85c29f79:g:40kAAOSw0DlZpxC6

I use almost exclusively target focused shooting with iron sighted guns. Front sight makes you slow and for me - less accurate in a practical context. If I need to print itty bitty groups on a B8 - then that's a different story - but just hitting a target - target focus is the way - out to at least 15 yards for me. at 25 I have to spend more loving care lining up the sights.

Peglegjoe

Professional
Founding Member
Green laser dot paints the target quite nicely, and lets me focus on the target.

Contrasting tritium-plus-light pipe iron sights (orange back, green front) serve well as the backup if the battery in the laser goes south - I can still target-focus, and put the green blur between the orange blurs. In zero-light situations, I just line up the three blurs while looking at the target.