testtest

Air M1 Carbine?

Why does it raise the hair on my neck to see emails from Springfield about M1 Carbine Air Rifles?
Anyone else have the same toy misgivings?
I thought the same thing when I saw the M1 Carbine air rifle. At first I was like YES!!! But then I seen that it was an air rifle. It's definitely cool but not as cool as the real thing. I may pick one up for my 14yo son to mess around with because he's a wicked WW2 buff and he loves all the weapons from that era.

I have one and can't say enough good things about it. It looks, feels, handles, and operates EXACTLY like a real M1 carbine, right down to the trigger pull. Except for muzzle blast (and the M1's slight recoil), shooting it is exactly like shooting the real thing--except I can't shoot the real thing in my basement whenever I want, regardless of weather.

As an M1 carbine is one of my primary home defense guns, it is perfect for in-house drills, which is the reason I bought it. Highly recommended! ;) (y)

SAM1Carbine04.jpg

I have one and can't say enough good things about it. It looks, feels, handles, and operates EXACTLY like a real M1 carbine, right down to the trigger pull. Except for muzzle blast (and the M1's slight recoil), shooting it is exactly like shooting the real thing--except I can't shoot the real thing in my basement whenever I want, regardless of weather.

As an M1 carbine is one of my primary home defense guns, it is perfect for in-house drills, which is the reason I bought it. Highly recommended! ;) (y)

View attachment 30806
Why do in house drills? As we learned in the other thread, if you leave the safety of your bedroom ( or wherever you happen to be) to confront a home invader you have invalidated your right to use a firearm for self defense. One can only assume by that reasoning that duty to retreat is the law of all the land. :rolleyes:

Why does it raise the hair on my neck to see emails from Springfield about M1 Carbine Air Rifles?
Anyone else have the same toy misgivings?
Juat an opinion but... I call shenigans and left coast troll Airsoft firearms have been around for years, why would suddenly your "hair raise" about an M1 carbine air soft rifle. There are Sig Sauer pistol, AR, sig Mpx and a vast myriad of air rifles of current weapons and its been that way for years. Nothing new here except soneone tryibg to stir the pot.

Move on...

Juat an opinion but... I call shenigans and left coast troll Airsoft firearms have been around for years, why would suddenly your "hair raise" about an M1 carbine air soft rifle. There are Sig Sauer pistol, AR, sig Mpx and a vast myriad of air rifles of current weapons and its been that way for years. Nothing new here except soneone tryibg to stir the pot.

Move on...
Mine's not airsoft. It's straight-up CO2/BB.

Ok, still the same thing could be said for bb rifles and pistols, not a new thing to copy real firearms.
True. The second gun down in my pic is an old Crosman M1 like the one I had when I had when I was a kid in the '60s. What IS new is the level of replication seen in some of today's airguns. There is no comparison between the old Crosman and the new SA (Air Venturi) M1 carbines. My SA Mil-Spec 1911 CO2/BB gun is also an OUTSTANDING replica of my real one. ;)

Back