testtest

Airguns anyone

I've still got a Daisy "spring-air" action BB gun that I got when I was a kid, basically the same as the Red Ryder style one that was famous, but without the Red Ryder markings. Still works too. I've also got a Daisy one-pump pneumatic BB/pellet gun that I got when I was around 10-12 that works, but probably needs a new seal. I bought a cheap $50 Crossman pellet pump gun about 5 years ago for the specific purpose of shooting some rodents in my back yard, and its already got seals that are shot, and is total trash.

When my father in law passed away, my mother in law gave me all his "guns", only two of which turned out to be real firearms - a semi-auto shotgun and an old Marlin .22LR - there must have been a half dozen different model Crossman air rifles - the kind that need multiple pumps, and hold either 20 or so BB's or 1 pellet at a time. Those Crossman pellet guns even after oiling the seals all had the same issue as the one I got about 5 years ago, and the seals were just shot. I ended up tossing all but one or two that I could get to work. Those things were not designed to be user serviceable, and you can't buy the seals.

I've toyed with buying a Gamo air rifle, so that I can "plink" in the backyard, or one of those Ruger XDM clones, but those need CO2 cartridges I believe, and I'm not a big fan of CO2 powered BB/pellet guns.

Just curious if anyone's into them?
I have been shooting and training kids with them for a long time.
In case you might be interested, we have a few airgun-oriented pieces on The Armory Life. Here are the links:

I started shooting in the 70's with revolvers and with the days of limited money for the range I bought a Crosman 38c.
It's the exact weight and size of a S&W model 15, the Air Force used this gun for training.
It has helped with muscle memory and sight acquisition.
I still have it today,except it needs new seals.
I see there are many replicas of modern firearms and I will get a MOD-2 replica when I find one.
As for me they help so I don't have to dry fire my firearms.

2011_0209airagain0010.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

I have a CO2 M&P replica that I bought for my wife a few years ago. It has been laying on the shelf for a while. Last time I tried it, it would not seal a CO2 cartridge. I contacted the manufacturer, and they said it is not serviceable. I haven't brought myself to throw it away yet. The Daisy CO2 pistols have replaceable seals but not the one I have from another manufacturer. :(. I also still have my first BB gun, a pump, spring action Daisy.

I have a CO2 M&P replica that I bought for my wife a few years ago. It has been laying on the shelf for a while. Last time I tried it, it would not seal a CO2 cartridge. I contacted the manufacturer, and they said it is not serviceable. I haven't brought myself to throw it away yet. The Daisy CO2 pistols have replaceable seals but not the one I have from another manufacturer. I also still have my first BB gun, a pump, spring action Daisy.
I have read that a dab of grease on the cartridge seal usually works and also a piece of black tape on the cartridge seal may work.
I haven't tried it but since it's on the internet it must be true.

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

I also have a Daisy BB gun that I got when I was 5 years old. Dad and I would take a Nestle Quick can to basement and practice marksmanship. That thing is an antique now at 65 years old. Also have a Gamo 177 pellet gun that shoots 1000 fps that I use in back yard for pests. It is accurate out to 40 yards. Also picked up a Daisy BB Colt 45 CO2 powered that I use to scare the geese off the 2 acre pond in the back yard. :)

I have 2 break barrel 22 rifles (that will put pellets through 1/2" plywood at 30 feet), pump type "AR15" that shoots either BBs or 177 pellets, a Crossman single pump 22 pistol and a CO2 Sig P320 pellet pistol (it's not quite like the real one though, I dropped it once and it didn't go off :sneaky:). My backyard can't support plinking with a 22lr, so I set up a small range at about 50 feet or so (residential community with small backyard with "cow" farm behind me), to just plink and have fun when the urge hits me. I find it fun and relaxing.

I live in a county that I could shoot on my property but houses to close around.
My Webley Alecto .177 and my backyard range.
First target roughly 15 yards the one all the away up top about 42.
At 10 meters you can cover 5 shot group with a dime, so if you miss it's you.

Attachments

• DSCN2619.JPG
    DSCN2619.JPG
    437.4 KB · Views: 176
  • DSCN2622.JPG
    DSCN2622.JPG
    783.1 KB · Views: 171
I live in a county that I could shoot on my property but houses to close around.
My Webley Alecto .177 and my backyard range.
First target roughly 15 yards the one all the away up top about 42.
At 10 meters you can cover 5 shot group with a dime, so if you miss it's you.
Nice. My back yard is similar, but backyard is part driveway than raises up about 3-4 feet before leveling off again but still slight incline to property boundary. I don't have a fence, but I set up a pallet, 1/2 plywood, heavy outdoor industrial carpet all secured to a chain link fence that's a dog run (I currently don't have any dogs), at back end of property. Not the best, but it will do.

Thanks
My rifles I can get out to right at 70 yards across my property, see white 5 1/2" target.
My Air Arms will run about 1 1/2 " group on a still day.

Attachments

• DSCN1811.JPG
    DSCN1811.JPG
    659.9 KB · Views: 167
  • DSCN1814.JPG
    DSCN1814.JPG
    334.4 KB · Views: 168
Back