testtest

Alec Baldwin charged...!!

I hate Baldwin as much as the next guy, but he won’t be convicted. Know why? Because he isn’t guilty of involuntary manslaughter. Having just sat on a jury that convicted a drunk driver who killed 3 people, including a 4 month old baby, of 3 counts of involuntary manslaughter I understand what that charge means. It means causing the death of someone through criminal negligence. I think calling Baldwin’s failure to check the chamber of the movie prop gun for live ammo criminal negligence is ridiculous. It’s not SOP for actors to check prop guns for live ammo. If it was every action movie actor in history is guilty of the same thing.

As much as I dislike the guy, I don't think he should be charged. He's an idiot actor, he's given props all the time and told what to do with them in front of the screen.

The armorer and producer(s) or whoever would be in charge of the weapon should be charged. jmo

I hate Baldwin as much as the next guy, but he won’t be convicted. Know why? Because he isn’t guilty of involuntary manslaughter. Having just sat on a jury that convicted a drunk driver who killed 3 people, including a 4 month old baby, of 3 counts of involuntary manslaughter I understand what that charge means. It means causing the death of someone through criminal negligence. I think calling Baldwin’s failure to check the chamber of the movie prop gun for live ammo criminal negligence is ridiculous. It’s not SOP for actors to check prop guns for live ammo. If it was every action movie actor in history is guilty of the same thing.
It boggles the mind that it's not SOP for an actor to check a firearm for live ammo before pointing it at someone and pulling the trigger. Just another piece of evidence that Hollywood is INSANE.

New rule: Before pointing a prop gun at a film crew member, actors must first point it their own head and pull the trigger to make sure it's safe.

Remember, Alec Baldwin was not only the actor that pulled the trigger, he was a producer on the show, and a producer that did very little to address the safety concerns that had staff walking off the set, nor did very little to address the eye opening safety failures that had already happened, that foreseeably warned a worse accident could happen.

I think that is why he was charged despite all the explanation its not the actors fault that a firearm they pull the trigger on goes off.....

Not sure if he is directly responsible for hiring the Armorer, her last job resulted in Nicholas Cage walking off set after he almost shot a child, another incident of checking a firearm was unloaded and chamber empty before handing it to the actor, only to find a live round was chambered in the pistol. You've got to wonder, is the girl on drugs? Her appearance certainly doesn't dissuade you of that impression. She only got into the business as a movie Armorer because her father was a very well known movie Armorer with a great reputation. Which might be why she got all the certifications, that otherwise someone in her position would not have..... (I'm not talking good ol' boy network just handing out certifications, I'm talking family business, she picked up enough and with dad's coaching got the certification despite having very little interest and not taking it seriously, which the average person, without the connections not taking it seriously, would never get the certifications)....

It boggles the mind that it's not SOP for an actor to check a firearm for live ammo before pointing it at someone and pulling the trigger. Just another piece of evidence that Hollywood is INSANE.

New rule: Before pointing a prop gun at a film crew member, actors must first point it their own head and pull the trigger to make sure it's safe.

Full stop.

Most of the time, they are using prop/dummy guns, not live weapons.

I’m not a fan of him as a person, either, but he’s not at fault, and should be acquitted.

Full stop.

Most of the time, they are using prop/dummy guns, not live weapons.

I’m not a fan of him as a person, either, but he’s not at fault, and should be acquitted.
I have to disagree, IMHO if you point a firearm at someone and pull the trigger and end up shooting the person you pointed it at, it's your fault. I don't care if you're an actor or not, basic firearm safety rules should apply to EVERYONE equally as should the law.

I have to disagree, IMHO if you point a firearm at someone and pull the trigger and end up shooting the person you pointed it at, it's your fault. I don't care if you're an actor or not, basic firearm safety rules should apply to EVERYONE equally as should the law.
Unfortunately, their industry set a standard that actors are too stupid to be trusted with gun safety.....
I don't agree with it...
But, on that fact alone, he likely could get off....

Yes, he has additional responsibility as a producer that didn't catch all the warning signs something like this was coming...
But that is not direct responsibility and likely doesn't rise to the level of manslaughter....

Show me where basic firearms rule are ACTUALLY THE LAW.

Using your logic, even if it’s a lump of inert plastic—dummy gun, that is—if you point it someone (who also knows it’s a dummy gun), you’re “letting the muzzle cover something that you’re willing to destroy”…violating rule 2, and should be charged with assault with a deadly weapon.

See how silly your logic is?

Unfortunately, their industry set a standard that actors are too stupid to be trusted with gun safety.....
I don't agree with it...
But, on that fact alone, he likely could get off....

Yes, he has additional responsibility as a producer that didn't catch all the warning signs something like this was coming...
But that is not direct responsibility and likely doesn't rise to the level of manslaughter....
I understand that the industry has some very unsafe practices and you’re right he might get off.

However that doesn’t mean he’s not morally responsible and consider what would happen if you handed me a firearm, told me it was unloaded and then I subsequently shot and killed someone with it thinking it was empty, I’d be serving time for it.

That fact that someone can claim “industry standard practice” for not knowing the status of a firearm they’re handling is IMHO ludicrous.

Last edited:
Back