testtest

Ambi Safety on Elite Operator 1911 not working properly out of the box

Sentry

Alpha
Hey guys. New here. Just bought brand new a Springfield Armory RO Elite Operator 10mm 1911 the other day. Love it (don't love the feed issues from the shitty mags that come with it though). I ordered new chip mccormick(?) mags to hopefully fix the problem of hollowpoints/flat nose rounds nosediving into the feed ramp (which appears to be a common issue with 1911s).

What I am now having trouble with is the ambi safety doesn't seem to be working properly. I am left handed. When I try to use the left handed side of the safety I hear an unusual click and can feel something is wrong. At this point when disengaging the safety, the left handed safety will be in the fire position and the right handed safety will be stuck halfway between safe and fire. Only way to make the gun operational again is to reset the safety position on BOTH sides at the same time.

This is very frustrating since safety manipulation is obviously a very important part of safe operation for any handgun, most of all a single action 1911. If anyone could give me some suggestions if you have had any similar issues it would me VERY much appreciated.

Back