testtest

Americans’ support for stricter gun-control measures has fallen.

to many of us that have been firearms owners for a while, (only approaching 2 years for me now) it seems to make sense to have at the very least, one gun if for at least, home defense.

to obtain a CCW permit (where required by state laws), makes sense as well, for personal protection.

states that have constitutional carry, great, i wish all 50 U.S. states were that way.

it may be a "late awakening" for those anti-gun people, but at least they ARE waking up to the cold hard facts of life, that one MUST protect themselves, family and home nowadays.

i think the riotings, and the dumbass politicians wanting to defund or "re-imagine" (like my mayor said) the police is just as stupid as all hell.

when the criminals have more powerful weapons than the police do, we have a real problem.

no criminal should ever obtain a firearm, or other weapons, but they do, we all know that.

it's how to equip ourselves and how the police should be equipped that should take that front row seat.

then too, the lawmakers MUST enact tougher laws, and the judges MUST give the FULL sentence to the criminals, never mind, "time served, or out for good behavior, or the jails/prisons are full.....

so what...??

in other countries, prisoners are jammed into tiny cells, in the halls, and on the floors.....so what..??

like they deserve a better place to sleep, eat, get educated, free medical care, over a law abiding citizens..??

BS, they break into our home..??

BLAST THEM..

they come after us while we are at the mall, or street..??

BLAST THEM...

they deserve no mercy or sympathy.

no more than they showed thier victims.

Guns/weapons whether concealed or not are only part of the problem in controlling criminals and criminal behavior ......
the real issue is to ensure proper and adequate punishment is sure, swift and severe.

If consequences for their chosen behavior, and YES, criminal actions are a chosen behavior, is not severe enough they continue to chose that behavior. And in many cases we've failed to recognize and/or understand that the typical, hard core, criminal has a stronger resistant constitution to punishment than we mere civilized mortals, and continue to reduce punishments for their chosen behavior.

Similar to a two year old whom you've told several times to not touch the little nik nak on the coffee table, and you keep telling them over and over again, yet they keep doing it ................ simply enough they are not concerned about the mild consequences. But put a couple little smacks on their back side and they realize they don't think the fun of touching that nik nak is worth those couple little smacks.

Probably not a lot of chance for them being harmed in touching the nik nak, but what if they were continually trying to run out into the street. How many times should they be warned about that before a couple smacks are appropriate? In other words, make the punishment fit the crime when teaching a two year old as well as a career criminal.

And NO, I'm not advocating any kind of child abuse, am adamantly opposed to it for reasons of my own ...... but a smack or two on the butt ain't child abuse any way you cut it. The same holds true for those in our society who aren't concerned about the consequences.... they will continue to do it unless and until they suffer a consequence they feel is severe enough.

Bleeding hearts and 'do gooders' have brought us to the place we find ourselves in today with de-funding police, releasing felons (and even less than felons in many cases), shorter and shorter sentences, ridiculous sentencing guidelines, etc. And all that is relatively recent. Pleading cases down to lesser charges, reducing sentences, less and less support for LEO's, all are a part of the problem we're seeing today.

I don't know ..... maybe it's just me !!!!

Guns/weapons whether concealed or not are only part of the problem in controlling criminals and criminal behavior ......
the real issue is to ensure proper and adequate punishment is sure, swift and severe.

If consequences for their chosen behavior, and YES, criminal actions are a chosen behavior, is not severe enough they continue to chose that behavior. And in many cases we've failed to recognize and/or understand that the typical, hard core, criminal has a stronger resistant constitution to punishment than we mere civilized mortals, and continue to reduce punishments for their chosen behavior.

Similar to a two year old whom you've told several times to not touch the little nik nak on the coffee table, and you keep telling them over and over again, yet they keep doing it ................ simply enough they are not concerned about the mild consequences. But put a couple little smacks on their back side and they realize they don't think the fun of touching that nik nak is worth those couple little smacks.

Probably not a lot of chance for them being harmed in touching the nik nak, but what if they were continually trying to run out into the street. How many times should they be warned about that before a couple smacks are appropriate? In other words, make the punishment fit the crime when teaching a two year old as well as a career criminal.

And NO, I'm not advocating any kind of child abuse, am adamantly opposed to it for reasons of my own ...... but a smack or two on the butt ain't child abuse any way you cut it. The same holds true for those in our society who aren't concerned about the consequences.... they will continue to do it unless and until they suffer a consequence they feel is severe enough.

Bleeding hearts and 'do gooders' have brought us to the place we find ourselves in today with de-funding police, releasing felons (and even less than felons in many cases), shorter and shorter sentences, ridiculous sentencing guidelines, etc. And all that is relatively recent. Pleading cases down to lesser charges, reducing sentences, less and less support for LEO's, all are a part of the problem we're seeing today.

I don't know ..... maybe it's just me !!!!
i grew up in a house where my folks GAVE permission to relatives even the neighbors to smack me if i did wrong. when my kids were young, i'd lay the law down on them, with some good back smacks, and i can assure you, they LEARNT real quick, daddy wasn't one to mess with.

they all grew up fine as can be.

Looking at the graphs in the original gallup article, the reason its dropped it because of independent voters. Republicans already for less and Democrats apparently want more gun control. That divide has increased further but its the independents favoring less gun control and dropping.

i grew up in a house where my folks GAVE permission to relatives even the neighbors to smack me if i did wrong. when my kids were young, i'd lay the law down on them, with some good back smacks, and i can assure you, they LEARNT real quick, daddy wasn't one to mess with.

they all grew up fine as can be.

The reason I didn't do A LOT of stuff as a kid wasn't because I was afraid of cops or being punished at school. It was because I knew if I did I had to answer to my dad.

Back