testtest

Amnesty International and "poor people"

Jimbo

Elite
“Whenever you create a sword-fight by letting the poor people fight back and give them the arms, it creates an added element of complexity. You do not know what the results could be.”

I'll tell you what the results WILL be - the "poor people" will be able to put up a fight against those who seek to oppress and subjugate them. They might even successfully defend themselves against government oppression. I thought Amnesty International was against governmental oppression. Their very name - Amnesty International - implies that.

“Whenever you create a sword-fight by letting the poor people fight back and give them the arms, it creates an added element of complexity. You do not know what the results could be.”

I'll tell you what the results WILL be - the "poor people" will be able to put up a fight against those who seek to oppress and subjugate them. They might even successfully defend themselves against government oppression. I thought Amnesty International was against governmental oppression. Their very name - Amnesty International - implies that.

In so many cases, the name/title of a company (and Government agency) is a deliberate false lead to what the really believe/stand for. And it's not only "Poor People" that would oppose the oppressors.

Like others, AI was an organization I used to support. I'm real tired of all the organizations I used to give money to going off on new causes that I don't support. :mad:

Back