testtest

And yet another issue with my .308 - I'm getting beyond fed up

ddeuce22

Professional
Another trip to the range and after 10 rounds the BCG seized inside the chamber, I can't pull the charging handle back at all. I've babied this rifle from the day I got it and all it's given me is problems. So frustrated with it.

IMG_20210531_183916_01.jpg

Have you tried jack hammering it . Grab the forearm, hold the weapon vertical. With your other hand pull down on charging handle, then slam the butt onto the floor or other hard surface. The other option is pushing both pins out and letting the action come forward. You will have to hold your mag release button iirc. By how far the carrier is back, it looks like the bolt is completely of battery. The upper will have to come straight forward to prevent binding the bolt carrier in the buffer tube or receiver extension

I cleaned and lubed it before I took it out today. Already emailed SA so I guess i'll need to wait and see what they say.

A few of the RSO's tried freeing it with that method as well as trying to free the Charging Handle with a rubber mallet but no luck.

Appreciate the info guys.

I recently had a serious incident with steel-cased Wolf .308. Blown primer initially that jammed up the action (FAL) but was clearable, then the next round resulted in a KABOOM. Lost the mag but the rifle was GTG. Then ran fine with brass-cased mil-spec.

Needless to say I'm done with steel-cased Wolf .308.

Same ammo as always ?
Or
Different ammo from before ?

Different ammo this time. Had one or two FTE's but cleared easy and the next few rounds went fine, and then this one just seized it. Aguila and Herters. it's definitely an Aguila casing stuck in there, but I wonder if the Herters caused it.

I rarely buy or run low quality ammo but the Herters definitely fits that bill compared to the Federal and Winchester I typically run for the .308

Last edited:
Different ammo this time. Had one or two FTE's but cleared easy and the next few rounds went fine, and then this one just seized it. Aguila and Herters. it's definitely an Aguila casing stuck in there, but I wonder if the Herters caused it.

I rarely buy or run low quality ammo but the Herters definitely fits that bill compared to the Federal and Winchester I typically run for the .308
I refuse to run Aguila in anything but .22LR.
Have had severe issues with .308, .9mm and .45
Gave up on it forever

my Saint .308 chews up Winchester, federal and Remington

I refuse to run Aguila in anything but .22LR.
Have had severe issues with .308, .9mm and .45
Gave up on it forever

my Saint .308 chews up Winchester, federal and Remington

Thankfully I only bought 2 boxes of Aguila so I think im gonna just dump it along with the 3 boxes of Herters I have left. Sucks to get rid of almost 100 rounds though.

Yes I separated the upper and lower, Still cannot get the BCG unstuck.

A more interesting note is this. Found this casing in my range bag which I thought was strange, and then when i Just separated the upper and lower, this little guy fell out.

View attachment 17865
Blown primer. I saw they same in my FAL KABOOM.

Either too hot a load or crappy ammo QC.

You could try to run a cleaning rod down the muzzle and try to tap out the stuck case & free up the BCG.

Back