testtest

Another Anti Gun Virginia Law?

BET7

Ronin
Founding Member
I received this Email from PDN concerning Virginia closing a "loophole" on out of State residence able to obtain a Virginia Concealed Carry Permit by just taking an online course. I am not advocating for the course linked in the article (as I know nothing about it), I'm just bringing it to peoples attention if this truly is a new Virginia law going into effect January 1st 2021. Supposedly, this law will abolish the ability of obtaining an out of State permit by taking an online course (I'm not sure of the new procedure to obtain one, after the law takes effect (perhaps a Virginia resident who knows about this law can explain more)). The purpose of the announcement, is to forewarn of the new law going into effect and to suggest taking any online course now, before the law is enacted.
I don't have a Virginia Carry permit. I have my Pennsylvania (home State) permit, and an out of State Utah Carry permit. Utah's Carry permit application required a 4 hour safety class along with a FBI background check that required fingerprinting. However, since getting (and then renewing) my Utah permit, more and more States are only honoring it if you are a resident of Utah (example: Pennsylvania will no longer honor my NJ buddy's Utah permit, since he doesn't reside in Utah, rendering it useless for his reason on getting it, once Pa. enacted this restriction). I suggest that a reciprocity map is viewed regularly, to see ANY permit's reciprocity in any particular State at any given time. (USCCA's reciprocity map is good, it's kept up to date regularly, and a membership isn't required to view it.).

Back