testtest

Another assault on the 2nd

jumpinjoe

Hellcat
The ATF is poised to release a proposal to regulate 80% receivers now as 'firearms', calling the finished product a "ghost gun". A quick read of the proposal indicates an end to the marketing of anything much resembling a 'kit', and further defines and narrows the definition of a 'firearm' to any piece containing any one of several parts related to firing the piece.

You and I know that home made firearms have been absolutely legal since the founding of the nation and never required a serial number as long as it remained with the owner who built it. Only if/when it was sold or otherwise transferred did it require a serial number. Part of the proposal not only redefines a 'firearm, but also requires a serial number to be assigned upon the building of a so-called 'kit' gun from now on. Personally I have some confusion in determining any difference between a homemade gun using a 'kit', or a home made gun using any other readily available parts/materials. They are both 'home made' for the use of the builder!!!

Now it can be argued whether or not this infringes on the 2nd amendment since there will still be legal ways to "keep and bear" them, but we all know this is just another ploy to fool misinformed citizens into believing the gov't is protecting them. As usual they ignore the simple fact the constitution has never guaranteed our safety, but has always guaranteed our freedom. It's just one more camel's nose under the big tent.

Once it's finally proposed, there will be a public comment period, so each of us need to do everything possible to cause as many 'comments' as humanely possible. Read it and weep!

Here's a link to one story about the proposal:

I fail to see how a serial # does anything like prevent school shootings, mass shootings, “all those thousands of accidents”, or anything the Libs advertise (out loud) that they are trying to do.
A serial# only comes into play after a crime is committed, or is used for tracking purposes.
The only logical conclusion one can come to is it’s a setup for a hoped-for eventual roundup.

I fail to see how a serial # does anything like prevent school shootings, mass shootings, “all those thousands of accidents”, or anything the Libs advertise (out loud) that they are trying to do.
A serial# only comes into play after a crime is committed, or is used for tracking purposes.
The only logical conclusion one can come to is it’s a setup for a hoped-for eventual roundup.
I don’t think it’s the serial number, they just want control on what we, the law abiding citizen can have or not have, that’s there whole agenda, my opinion this is just an excuse to push the administration’s gun control push, my fear is, this is just the start, if they (administration) can’t get Congress to do what they want, they will use the DOJ, ATF or whoever to restrict our 2nd amendment rights one way or another

Before to long in the name of “Protecting the Public” they’ll have a serial number printed on every piece of the firearm and rounds. It’s just another way they are trying to figure out who owns what so they can come confiscate them when they get the green light and balls enough to try.

My whole thing is, are they going to put serial numbers on knives, hammers, rat poison and everything else that is dangerous or can be used to do harm, if one so desired? Are they going to do a back ground check before you can buy those things? Are they going to register those items to each buyer?
The answer is no. So what is the rational with just doing it with fire arms if it not an attempt to go after the 2nd amendment?
That is how you know it is only an attack on the 2nd.

Before to long in the name of “Protecting the Public” they’ll have a serial number printed on every piece of the firearm and rounds. It’s just another way they are trying to figure out who owns what so they can come confiscate them when they get the green light and balls enough to try.
Was my thoughts as well. Just held off saying it is all. Sorta like Murphy's law? "If can go bad it will?" Murphy doesn't need any encouragement especially with a 1st cousin in office?

Back