testtest

Another how to take down the 1911 pistol video

It appears that the forum is gaining new members every day and it's impossible to know how knowledgeable they are about guns in general and specifically 1911s.

New members? Yep, 6 new members today and has been a constant.

Members experienced? Even if someone's knowledgeable about firearms, refreshers are usually nice partially because of other possibly unknown tips that may be included in take down, fieldstrip or reassembly. Besides, knowing more than one way of doing something correctly w/o damage can be a good thing. Many videos and instructions also point to what to look out for and not to do too. I generally look for the do's and don't do's in every one seen trying to find something new to learn.

Despite a very dry delivery, gunblue490 is one of the most knowledgeable and densely packed information shelves on the youtubes IMO! I really enjoy ALL of his uploads. I believe this was the first video I found of his when I was learning to properly take down my 1911. The Rhode Island accent sometimes makes me think that Peter Griffin from Family Guy is teaching me about firearms though.

Despite a very dry delivery, gunblue490 is one of the most knowledgeable and densely packed information shelves on the youtubes IMO! I really enjoy ALL of his uploads. I believe this was the first video I found of his when I was learning to properly take down my 1911. The Rhode Island accent sometimes makes me think that Peter Griffin from Family Guy is teaching me about firearms though.
Agree with u Punchy about his delivery, and I’d add the vid is rather longer than it needs to be. But he does know his stuff and mentioned a few things I’d forgotten or never knew ….

I have owned my 1911 for about 6 months. The first time shooting and taking it apart was not fun but once I lined everything thing up and understood how it works it takes me matter of 3 minutes or so to put put back together very easy just have to know where everything should go

Back