testtest

Anti-Gun Politicians Seek to Tax Your Second Amendment

Yeah, we're getting wind of the damn fat man Pritzker in Illinois taxing what they call "assault weapons" at $200 each, every year. That's why, this Spring, our house is going up for sale and we're off to Missouri. Time to let the Illinois libtards eat their own! I do wonder how the fat man is going to tax all the illegal guns in Chicago?!

Yeah, we're getting wind of the damn fat man Pritzker in Illinois taxing what they call "assault weapons" at $200 each, every year. That's why, this Spring, our house is going up for sale and we're off to Missouri. Time to let the Illinois libtards eat their own! I do wonder how the fat man is going to tax all the illegal guns in Chicago?!

In order to do this the government has to register your firearms. Which is unconstitutional. I'm not saying that I believe the government doesn't have that info in a database, I'm saying it is illegal for them to and if they tip their hand it will be beat down in court with a quickness. A 4473 is the only way the feds can find out what kind of weapon was bought. That means sending someone to the place of purchase and physically looking at the 4473. At least in the free states. I guess Illinois and California are already registering firearms illegally. I look for these registration schemes to be challenged and defeated in court very soon.

In order to do this the government has to register your firearms. Which is unconstitutional. I'm not saying that I believe the government doesn't have that info in a database, I'm saying it is illegal for them to and if they tip their hand it will be beat down in court with a quickness. A 4473 is the only way the feds can find out what kind of weapon was bought. That means sending someone to the place of purchase and physically looking at the 4473. At least in the free states. I guess Illinois and California are already registering firearms illegally. I look for these registration schemes to be challenged and defeated in court very soon.
Well, the NFA act requires SBRs and suppressors to be registered and a tax stamp required. Is there a way for them to just put semi-auto rifles and +10 magazines on the NFA list? I don’t know, but you may...

Some stuff I’ve read and heard says that since it’s a tax they are proposing, they can do this through the legislature. I don’t know if they’d have to have the firearms registered to start, but if they enact the law and you get caught with a covered piece of equipment, you’d be guilty. So, it’s not really forced - as in they are not going to go door to door to enforce - but if you get caught, you’d be in big trouble. They’ll give you an out where you can sell your guns and magazines back to the government or you can pay the tax stamp. This could be a total nightmare.

We need to keep the Senate with two wins in Georgia in January or these idiots will have free reign.

Hopefully, O’Biden won‘t try to do it by Executive Order. I know that would be challenged in court, but it’s a crap shoot on what a judge might rule. Thank God Trump got 3 conservative justices on the SCOTUS. It might take their ruling to get this squashed.

Again, we need to win these two senate seats in Georgia.

If they try to make some unconstitutional EO, which is immediately challenged, it doesn't go in effect until a judge rules it unconstitutional. It is not in effect UNTIL it is ruled constitutional. And if they went judge shopping and got a federal judge to agree, it would be immediately appealed and again, tabled, until eventually ruled on by SCOTUS.

And yeah, we definitely need to hold the senate.

As said before, he can't.

I wish they still taught civics in school.
I didn’t say he COULD do it by EO. I said he may try. If he did try, courts would have to rule it unconstitutional. There have been plenty of EOs issued which were later ruled unconstitutional. Hell, DACA was an EO which is unconstitutional (ordering immigration law by EO), but no courts have ruled against it yet.

I didn’t say he COULD do it by EO. I said he may try. If he did try, courts would have to rule it unconstitutional. There have been plenty of EOs issued which were later ruled unconstitutional. Hell, DACA was an EO which is unconstitutional (ordering immigration law by EO), but no courts have ruled against it yet.

There is nothing in the constitution that prevents DACA from being legal. His EO banning ARs would not take effect. Not without legislation.

As said before, he can't.

I wish they still taught civics in school.

He can't. I wish you were right. This Biden executive order "Playbook" is from The Daily Caller;

The Playbook

The Trace spoke with Chelsea Parsons of the far-left Center for American Progress and offered several actions Biden could take immediately. None are unfamiliar as voters already rejected these notions at the polls.

A potential Biden-Harris administration could immediately “reinvigorate” the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) by nominating a director who will “promote gun violence prevention values and prioritize a regulatory oversight mission,” Parsons said. The Biden campaign stated he’d use the ATF as an anvil to punish retailers for even minor clerical errors, threatening to revoke licenses and put them out of business. This option would require Senate confirmation of any nominee and for the time being, pro-gun rights senators hold a majority.

Parsons also suggested a possible Biden White House could use executive action to overhaul how the ATF classifies certain firearms according to the National Firearms Act. Taking such an action by fiat would instantly turn millions of lawful gun owners into criminals for possessing what was already legally purchased if they don’t fall in line. The alternative is confiscation.

Next on the list is cracking down on so-called “ghost guns,” unfinished firearms or unassembled firearm parts commonly used by gunsmiths and hobbyists since the nation’s founding. Some Democratic governors banned these firearms, but data on their use is already sparse. Parsons added, “Ideally, we’d be able to pass legislation to take care of it. But in the absence of that, this is something that can certainly be addressed through rulemaking.” Everytown is currently suing the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) in federal court in New York City to force ATF to define casts and forgings as a firearm frame or receiver requiring serial numbers, record keeping and a manufacturing license.

The last major suggestion Parsons offered was for the administration to ban importing so-called “assault weapons.” Parsons specifies that executive action could only ban importing these firearms and that legislative action would be needed for Biden’s preferred avenue of banning the sale and manufacture of these common firearms. New data shows there are nearly 20 million Modern Sporting Rifles (MSRs) in circulation today.

For gun owners and Second Amendment supporters, a rock-ribbed pro-rights Senate is essential in backstopping against any future infringement on Second Amendment rights.

You have to view that entire article as suspect considering the fact that, as has been stated 4 times now, he cannot use an EO to reclassify ARs as NFA guns. THAT is specifically addressed in Heller under the " In common use" language.

Back