testtest

Any Ideas ?

wolfpack076

Professional
These 4 rounds came out of a brand new box of 20. The ammo is Winchester Ranger Patrol Rifle 223 Remington 64 grain Power point. Halfway down the neck you can see what appears to be a crease ? All the other ammo from that box appears to be okay and I have used|fired this ammo without any issues. I'm not a reloader and never ever seen rounds come out of a box having this crease in the cases. Anyone here have any idea how or what would cause this ? And how these rounds left Remington ? Any input would be appreciated...

Attachments

• thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 70
Well, hate to say it, but that is typical Winchester ammo, seen lots of ammo like that over the years, I stay clear of it myself
I agree with you on this as this has been my experience as well. This past year Winchester white box ammo has been exceptionally bad in terms of quality.

It looks like there may even be different grain weight bullets in that lot of ammo.

Last week, a customer (of mine) had a white box 9mm round "rattling" in his magazine. He unloaded the mag and one of the round's bullet fell out of the case, powder spilled all over inside his Shield's mag well and mag. He also has had to re-strike 2-3 dozen rounds' primers to get them to fire... in the last case he bought.

I know this is totally unrelated to the OP, but following 10mmLife's post, maybe not.

I actually wanted to start a thread on quality "cheap" range ammo, but didn't want to get blasted.

I agree with you on this as this has been my experience as well. This past year Winchester white box ammo has been exceptionally bad in terms of quality.

It looks like there may even be different grain weight bullets in that lot of ammo.
I hate Winchester white box. Quit buying it long ago.
Made an exception last week for 124 gr NATO for the AP5.
We’ll see if it still sucks as bad as all the rest of Win White box over the last 2 yrs

Back