testtest

Any Patrick Mcmanus fans?

Sld1959

Hellcat
I just love his work. He made me laugh like no one else. I could be in the worst mood and read one of his stories and just laugh. One of the only authors I have all his books. At one time I had all his books autographed, but there are a few I got after meeting him. He was a very nice, and gracious man.

The modified stationary panic has come in handy a few times.

Last edited:
YES !!!
I read Pat back in the late 70s to early 80s before I went off to college and my life got all distracted. Guess it was Field & Stream mag ?
Sadly, i think he passed on a few yrs ago…
I too still have some of his books. But never met him.

I have all his books too. I liked the modified stationary panic :), “the night the bear ate goombah” and the one about them passing the mountain climbers while portaging their canoe! Really, there are sooo many great stories, it is hard to pick out just one! I also frequently refer to “cigar butts, logging trucks, and know it all’s”!

I have all his books too. I liked the modified stationary panic :), “the night the bear ate goombah” and the one about them passing the mountain climbers while portaging their canoe! Really, there are sooo many great stories, it is hard to pick out just one! I also frequently refer to “cigar butts, logging trucks, and know it all’s”!
I liked where they saved all thier pee for a summer. Just the visual in my head of the mason jars of yellow liquid falling on Eddie's dads head make me laugh even today just thinking about it.

Last edited:
No I never heard of him but thanks for the heads up been looking for something to read just had my wife order it for me from the library I am trying the horse in my garage

Loved his books, got all of them. I leant a few to a good friend. He had a dog that would lay by his chair, except when he picked up one of those books. The dog would go to the other side of the room and watch him read and laugh and laugh.

Back