testtest

AR pistols

So, with Biden Administration appearing to come after AR pistols with the possibility of having them be reclassified as SBRs, I have a question. If I have one lower and then a 5.56 upper and a .300 BLK upper, how is that dealt with? One tax stamp for the lower serial # or would two be required? I know this is hypothetical at this point, but I’m not familiar with the SBR process. I’m sure some of you own SBRs and more than likely more than one upper.

I’m just curious how this would work.

So, with Biden Administration appearing to come after AR pistols with the possibility of having them be reclassified as SBRs, I have a question. If I have one lower and then a 5.56 upper and a .300 BLK upper, how is that dealt with? One tax stamp for the lower serial # or would two be required? I know this is hypothetical at this point, but I’m not familiar with the SBR process. I’m sure some of you own SBRs and more than likely more than one upper.

I’m just curious how this would work.
Yep, you just need the stamp for one lower; you can then switch uppers, calibers, and barrel lengths at will.

And, if they go that way...they can’t charge you for the stamp, since they are changing the designation.

They'll also likely do away with requiring engraving.

He’s not starting with AR Pistols he’s starting with pistol braces. Which he won’t win with since they have been deemed an acceptable way for the handicapped to hold there guns.

Yep, you just need the stamp for one lower; you can then switch uppers, calibers, and barrel lengths at will.

And, if they go that way...they can’t charge you for the stamp, since they are changing the designation.

They'll also likely do away with requiring engraving.
Thanks. That’s what I wanted to know. I did hear something about if they changed pistols to SBRs, the $200 fee would be waived. But, who knows what the future holds with these clowns.

I think just like anything, they put out a huge list of wants in order to settle on what they will take. Remember they are lawyers and the devil is in the deal.
We just need for our lawyers to fight and be better than they are. No way in hell (because it will be hell) they hold the house and senate at mid terms, so our guys need to tie it uo for as long as possible. My divorce took over two years with a rather unpleasant woman, so it can be done.
Just do not give them anything, because the leverage we have is that the house and senate will flip, so they had better focus on other things and not guns. Also there is a very good possibility that there will need to be more money spent in some way or another to keep us from going into a full blown recession, so again they might want to play nice and worry about other things.

Last edited:
I think the framework for where this is going (link below) has already been written. On waived fees - P. 12 - ATF proposal to re-classify braced pistols as SBRs - Dec 2020 - "Consequently, following issuance of this notice, ATF and DOJ plan to implement a separate process by which current possessors of affected stabilizer-equipped firearms may choose to register such firearms to be compliant with the NFA. As part of that process, ATF plans to expedite processing of these applications, and ATF has been
informed that the Attorney General plans retroactively to exempt such firearms from the
collection of NFA taxes if they were made or acquired, prior to the publication of this

notice, in good faith." https://princelaw.files.wordpress.com/.../atf-federal...

I think the framework for where this is going (link below) has already been written. On waived fees - P. 12 - ATF proposal to re-classify braced pistols as SBRs - Dec 2020 - "Consequently, following issuance of this notice, ATF and DOJ plan to implement a separate process by which current possessors of affected stabilizer-equipped firearms may choose to register such firearms to be compliant with the NFA. As part of that process, ATF plans to expedite processing of these applications, and ATF has been
informed that the Attorney General plans retroactively to exempt such firearms from the
collection of NFA taxes if they were made or acquired, prior to the publication of this

notice, in good faith." https://princelaw.files.wordpress.com/.../atf-federal...
Yeah, I know they SAID that, but who knows??? They could drop the issue, they could make it stricter, they could try to outlaw them all together, they could put them under NFA and go ahead and charge the tax. With this ridiculous administration, you just don't know...

Maybe.

I think if you built it yourself, you could exercise that option...but if you bought a complete firearm (for example, one of the Saint pistols) that came with a brace from the factory, possibly not.

Have to wait and see what it says, if anything even happens (I’m not betting on it).
I don’t think they’re going to get anything through either. But I won’t be registering anything as NFA and paying for a stamp I can tell you that. I’ll turn them into rifles first.

I don’t think they’re going to get anything through either. But I won’t be registering anything as NFA and paying for a stamp I can tell you that. I’ll turn them into rifles first.
I’ve been waffling about SBR’ing my Z5 for a while...if it comes down, it'll get a stamp...but I’ll wait, because I’d prefer to not engrave it.

I mean, I’ve only got 3 different stocks I could put on it, so...

If you make an item yourself, homemade suppressor, a fabbed lower with no serial number, you are required to engrave a serial number -identifier on it that the ATF approves with your tax stamp.

Ex: if i build a homemade suppressor and want to legally use it, I have to Form 1 with ATF and provide a serial number and when they approve it, i engrave that on the item

Last edited:
Hypothetically a veteran serves and is disfigured or maimed now has to pay an additional fee or tax for their constitutional right? This does not affect me personally, I no longer own an ar pistol, but struggle with this one. Is it not a violation of the ADA?
Another question I have, once an item is “tax stamped” or an NFA item, is it more difficult to move across state lines?
Say the wife and I decide to move to more tax friendly state the closer we get to retirement.

Last edited:
I've read an estimate there are 10-14 million braces owned by citizens. While it may be a great revenue source, I can't see them going back and requiring the $200 fee for the tax stamp.

I also don't think the Biden Administration will micro-manage ATF (He wants infrastructure, focus is coming out of covid and the economy). If anything is done - I think it will be what was written by ATF in Dec. 2020. (While I disagree with it) they probably put a lot of work/thought on that (or not).

Also the process/administration issues of trying to register 10 million braces as SBRs would be a processing nightmare. I doubt they have the current resources for that.

Hypothetically a veteran serves and is disfigured or maimed now has to pay an additional fee or tax for their constitutional right? This does not affect me personally, I no longer own an ar pistol, but struggle with this one. Is it not a violation of the ADA?
Another question I have, once an item is “tax stamped” or an NFA item, is it more difficult to move across state lines?
Say the wife and I decide to move to more tax friendly state the closer we get to retirement.
No issue moving anywhere in country unless prohibited by state law. Example: chicago

Back