testtest

Armed group traveling in Massachusetts

In Massachusetts it's illegal to have an unsecured long gun in an automobile either loaded or unloaded.

These digbats are calling themselves the “Rise of Moors" which is a black muslim militant sovereign citizen group.

These guys are screwed because Massachusetts firearms laws are some of the strictest in the country.

They were all arrested by the state police without any shots fired.

None of these guys were licensed by the state but they were all packing handguns and rifles.

This happened about 30mins from the New Hampshire border.

In Massachusetts it's illegal to have an unsecured long gun in an automobile either loaded or unloaded.

These digbats are calling themselves the “Rise of Moors" which is a black muslim militant sovereign citizen group.

These guys are screwed because Massachusetts firearms laws are some of the strictest in the country.

None of these guys were licensed by the state but they were all packing handguns and rifles.

Those are ( mass) state laws. So why is the FBI involved?

These digbats are calling themselves the “Rise of Moors" which is a black Muslim militant sovereign citizen group.

Yup, same type laws apply to NJ, NY, and I’m guessing CT. You must have them secured in trunk, with ammo secured separately. Plus no stopping in the those States or you run the risk of being stopped by authorities, your firearms seized, and you potentially charged. Even if they drop the charges, good luck getting your firearm back. I’ve read that some have legally tried for those taken, and it gets into years without resolution.
These jokers were asking for it stopping on an interstate, and refueling while wearing their firearms openly. Heck, around here, they’d probably be charged just for refueling their vehicle on a major roadway potentially creating a dangerous hazard (unless they claimed they ran out of fuel and just refueled a gallon to get to the nearest service station).

Yup, same type laws apply to NJ, NY, and I’m guessing CT. You must have them secured in trunk, with ammo secured separately. Plus no stopping in the those States or you run the risk of being stopped by authorities, your firearms seized, and you potentially charged. Even if they drop the charges, good luck getting your firearm back. I’ve read that some have legally tried for those taken, and it gets into years without resolution.
These jokers were asking for it stopping on an interstate, and refueling while wearing their firearms openly. Heck, around here, they’d probably be charged just for refueling their vehicle on a major roadway potentially creating a dangerous hazard (unless they claimed they ran out of fuel and just refueled a gallon to get to the nearest service station).
Seems to me like a publicity stunt of some kind. If I had to bet money on it I would bet that none of them ends up being charged. For some magical reason.

Since when is traveling across state lines ( barring gun trafficking or some other federal infraction) with guns a federal crime ?

My guess is the FBI got involved for optics. If Massachusetts tries to come down hard on these guys the feds will step in.
Interstate highways are considered federal property maintained by the state. Believe it was I-95 they were traveling on.

Feds are involved because 11 "heavily armed" men were all together travelling somewhere to do something.
What? We do not know. But we would like to. Difference is the Feds want to know and will find out. We may never know. Not to mention tracking down all known associates, places they frequent and everything else.

Last edited:
Sure enough. Since when is carrying a gun on a federal highway illegal? Since when is it the purview of the FBI to enforce STATE firearms laws?
Didn't say was illegal or not. Is simply federal property therefore FBI may be interested is all.

"My guess is the FBI got involved for optics. If Massachusetts tries to come down hard on these guys the feds will step in." - Very possibly.

Feds are involved because 11 "heavily armed" men were all together travelling somewhere to do something.
What? We do not know. But we would like to. Difference is the Feds want to know and will find out. We may never know. Not to mention tracking down all known associates, places they frequent and everything else.
Except that if they did all those things in a free state they would be violating their civil rights.

Every single thing in your post fails to say what federal law was broken or what justification the FBI has for involving themselves in the case.

Except that if they did all those things in a free state they would be violating their civil rights.

Every single thing in your post fails to say what federal law was broken or what justification the FBI has for involving themselves in the case.
FBI often gets ‘involved’ in stuff that isn’t strictly their turf… local LE can actually request FBI assistance on some things, IIRC. Doesn’t mean they’re in charge of it or will ultimately do anything.
Anybody remember the young hi school grad from Alabama named Natalee Holloway ? (Hope I have the right name). She went missing on that graduation party trip to Aruba and not a trace of her has been found… Well, guess who went to assist the local Aruban police (who, no real fault of their own, had no experience in this stuff and were out of their depth) ?? The good ol’ G-men of the FBI !
Wasn’t even inside the USA.
Just sayin’.

A couple points…
My gut feeling is that 1) these clowns were already on somebody’s radar, somehow… and 2) they were up to no good, even if heretofore relatively harmless, but finally took some ‘action’ (as in, left their habitual turf, armed and in a group and with a destination in mind.

I generally cringe at taking the side of big gov’t. But if this has prevented something awful from happening, well…. I dunno.
We shall see.

Here's a brief article taking about federal law regarding traveling with firearms.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer nor do I play one on TV so my legal expertise is bare minimum.

It could be a case of causing an interstate crime by traveling from one state to another to commit a felony.

A couple points…
My gut feeling is that 1) these clowns were already on somebody’s radar, somehow… and 2) they were up to no good, even if heretofore relatively harmless, but finally took some ‘action’ (as in, left their habitual turf, armed and in a group and with a destination in mind.

I generally cringe at taking the side of big gov’t. But if this has prevented something awful from happening, well…. I dunno.
We shall see.
Just saw this on the news.
I agree with the above, there are a lot of unknowns and Massachusetts doesn’t mess around but if they stopped something bad from happening then well done. My opinion.

Ok to add to this they were not stopped by police but were found by Mass. State Police refueling there vehicles on the side of highway fully armed and in tactical gear and none had a license to carry or license of any kind.
According to a side of the highway press conference with state police it is illegal to carry loaded (or) unloaded firearms on Massachusetts state highways without being a licensed firearm owner.

Last edited:
Back