testtest

Armed Robot Dogs

Been around awhile. Remember Ruby Ridge?

Robotics, like drones and other manless military weapons is not new and their use will become more prevalent as Robots and AI make boots on the ground (nearly) unnecessary. They don't have a conscience, will obey any command, and unlike Lt. Col. Scheller, when the Demander In Chief & Pentagon Br(ass)less have a colossal fail, they won't voice any objection; for Robots also have no Honor. And yes, these Bots will creep into civilian society. You can make book on it.

The French scifi TV series remake of "The War of the Worlds"...

used these....

War-of-the-worlds-quadruped-robot-aliens-prop-09-1140x760.jpg

Last edited:
i "saw" this coming to fruition, with the company https://www.bostondynamics.com/

i saw way back then, the military use of them.

program them, set 'em free to wipe out the enemy.

after all, didn't the Iraqis' surrender to the drones flying over them..??

the loss of just one robot will be costly, but preserving the life(s) of xxx many US soldiers would be worth it.
Have my doubts. Worth it now. But. When turned on the populace, and it will be, sometime, by accident or design or a lunatic then what's its worth??

I don't want the cops to have anything like that. I've been on the firing line with cops and their M4s. Good god, the incompetence a lot of them exhibit is scary. The last thing I want them to have is newer and more complicated weapons. Also, the amazing potential for misuse. Cops don't seem to have the best understanding of ROE. Certainly not as good as any soldier or marine.

The robot dogs in the Black Mirror anthology were terrifying -

Kinda like the uncanny valley, there's something that creeps me out about robot dogs. 😅 I don't know, maybe it's because I'm a dog-guy, though-and-through, and I think so highly of these flesh-and-bone friends of ours. :)

Isle-of-Dogs-1.jpg

I don't want the cops to have anything like that. I've been on the firing line with cops and their M4s. Good god, the incompetence a lot of them exhibit is scary. The last thing I want them to have is newer and more complicated weapons. Also, the amazing potential for misuse. Cops don't seem to have the best understanding of ROE. Certainly not as good as any soldier or marine.
what is ROE..???

Yes kinda like that!

Most of the time now ROE is used as a political tool so the politicians in charge don't look bad.

Rules of engagement are what caused the conflict in Afghanistan and Iraq to drag on for the past 20 years.
Don't forget Vietnam. It cost countless American and S. Vietnamese lives.

I don't think we have to worry about cops having killer robot dogs. As it is they are already forced by an ignorant populace to be massively underarmed, underfunded and hamstrung. Remember when police could chase down dangerous suspects in vehicles? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Back