testtest

ARMSCOR "Enhanced" RIA 5.0

Pro Digy II

Professional
$2,000 for a 9mm pistol like this, really? The 5.0 is $998 MSRP this one is double for the "Enhanced" version...

1697753215713.png
d5037db5-bd9b-4a77-b5e0-eaabf2bd1477_text.gif

i have never, and will continue to never buy ANY 9mm for over $700.

now, for a 45 ACP, 1911..??

maybe.
Why would you put a dollar amount cap on that ? Prices go up and new products come out all the time. You can't set an arbitrary dollar amount and expect it to accurately represent any specific level of quality.

Why not just say I am not particularly a fan of 9MM and wouldn't put myself too far out for any of them ?

I was always a .45 ACP guy. I even turned down several very good deals and one totally free 9MM back in the day. Today I own 3 and every one of them costs more than $700. In fact I can say it is very likely that I would never buy a 9mm that costs less than $700 because I have no use for a pedestrian 9MM. If I just wanted one that works, has a respectable capacity and is very concealable I'd just buy a 9MM Shield Plus, but I assure you that will never happen. Now when they come out with a .45 ACP Shield Plus I will definitely buy one.

a 1911 Snob? Laughing and tongue in cheek.

While .45 is the go to 1911 caliber I don't knock a 9mm like I used to. With current 9mm ammo and pistols set up to use it 9mm is a viable caliber. I wanted to get back to a 1911 platform after about 37 years away and looked at .45 but when a Ronin Operator 9mm was offered at a nice price I went with it. I find it very pleasant to shoot even with +P defense loads.

a 1911 Snob? Laughing and tongue in cheek.

While .45 is the go to 1911 caliber I don't knock a 9mm like I used to. With current 9mm ammo and pistols set up to use it 9mm is a viable caliber. I wanted to get back to a 1911 platform after about 37 years away and looked at .45 but when a Ronin Operator 9mm was offered at a nice price I went with it. I find it very pleasant to shoot even with +P defense loads.
:LOL: I don't mind 9mm at all, agreed. A 9mm "1911" or 2011 or 1911 DS I get the price tag, my P226 did cost $1,200 (and now is over $2K with upgrades), but I'm not sure what this "enhanced" thing is for $2K to be honest...

It just seems like they saw people willing to sink $1,500+ in premium 9mm and said "heck why not? Let's just double the MSRP and see if it sticks". Couple years ago, Samsung tried the $1,000 cell phone and it stuck, so now $1,000 is almost considered "entry level".

Last edited:
Why not just say I am not particularly a fan of 9MM and wouldn't put myself too far out for any of them ?
that's too long to say.....(23 words...??? you crazy or something..???)

over

i have never, and will continue to never buy ANY 9mm for over $700.....(14 words.....)

see how much shorter my sentence is..???

i could have a heart attack saying all you said.....and at my age, i gotta conserve my life span.

:LOL: I don't mind 9mm at all, agreed. A 9mm "1911" or 2011 or 1911 DS I get the price tag, my P226 did cost $1,200 (and now is over $2K with upgrades), but I'm not sure what this "enhanced" thing is for $2K to be honest...

It just seems like they saw people willing to sink $1,500+ in premium 9mm and said "heck why not? Let's just double the MSRP and see if it sticks". Couple years ago, Samsung tried the $1,000 cell phone and it stuck, so now $1,000 is almost considered "entry level".
$1,000 for a friggin phone..??

Verizon "flip phone" cost me like $65 and $35 per month service...

aye carumba......you guys is rich

$1,000 for a friggin phone..??

Verizon "flip phone" cost me like $65 and $35 per month service...

aye carumba......you guys is rich
Oh hell no I'm not spending anywhere near that on a phone! These things go easily in the $2K now, all tennage kids have them! The $600-$800 phones are for peasants, or "immigrants" fleeing poverty in their country, they've got to be able to use the DHS app designed to help them game the system and avoid CBP ;)

Hmm.

I’m trying hard to think of 9mm’s I own worth UNDER $700.

Some of my 3rd Gen S&W’s, the Accokeek 92FS…the first-run vanilla VP9…

I paid less than $700 for my first P7, but…that’s (conservatively) tripled in value.

Paid less than half of what my Swiss marked P228 would go for now…

I’m just amused by the sheer ignorance of refusing to own a high quality handgun simply because “a 9mm is worth less”…

OK, boomer.

I’m just amused by the sheer ignorance of refusing to own a high quality handgun
Agreed!

I'll spend good money on one I like and fits my hand.
One time while out shooting with friends, we take a new guy out to the farm with us.
He too was one that refused to spend more than a few hundred dollars. IIRC he had a Sccy and some other very budget friendly guns. He spent more time trying to get them to run than they ran.
I'm like "you trust you life with those" you're an idiot if you do. He no longer will go shooting with us "high rollers".. That day, that time I think the most expensive gun on the line was my HK USP 9mm, which cost me at the time $500. Worth every penny!! My buddy had a Taurus 92 copy which may have cost the same as my HK.

Geesh 😉

So, back to the original indirectly-posed question: is this thing "that good" that it commands a $2K price tag vs. the non-Enhanced version is half of that... I don't see it, but maybe I'm missing something that makes it so...
Maybe? I haven’t spent any trigger time with the original, so…

UPDATE

i just checked my 9mm collection..

i went thru my HUGE collection of my 9mm's, and here is what i got, when i bought them, and prices before sales taxes.

NOT 1 is a POS, and I'd defend my life with any of them. (i did spend more than $700 on 1, and that was the SS Beretta)

for those that said/say i am ignorant.....
Hmm.

I’m trying hard to think of 9mm’s I own worth UNDER $700.

Some of my 3rd Gen S&W’s, the Accokeek 92FS…the first-run vanilla VP9…

I paid less than $700 for my first P7, but…that’s (conservatively) tripled in value.

Paid less than half of what my Swiss marked P228 would go for now…

I’m just amused by the sheer ignorance of refusing to own a high quality handgun simply because “a 9mm is worth less”…

OK, boomer.
take a long walk off a short pier.

1) Sig P320 7/2023.....$525.

2) CZ Omega 2/2023.....$600

3) G-17 2/2020........$500

4) Beretta 92FS, SS.......2/202.....$780

5) Beretta 92 FS blued.....1/2022......$630

6) CZ 75B.................2/2020.........$500

7) Hellcat............3/2021.......$570

to ME, all high quality guns in my "stable"

good thing i actually have @HansGruber on IGNORE and only check in once in a while, when he posts in a thread of mine. or when he has an IGNORANT statement about me.

again, I SEE NO REASON, to buy such an expensive 9mm.......

Back