testtest

ATF 'Brace Amnesty' Is an Unworkable Entrapment that Dictates Terms of Surrender

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member

The ATF "brace amnesty" is a study of how a bureaucracy can maneuver around elected officials, in this case, to ban and register pistol-braced firearms. You either cough up all data on yourself and your gun or face jail and exorbitant fines.

ATF ‘Amnesty Registration’ rule

1665074306287.png

While this is going to be challenged immediately in the courts, I will say I’m an SBR fan and not an AR pistol fan.

I like going with the SOF length set ups and did NFA stamps on mine so I could go short or long on barrel with stock.

I play by the rules with NFA SBR’s.

AR pistols are popular and were deemed legal, so I see this going all the way to the top on a legal challenge .

I have an AR pistol and a rifle. I’ll have to decide what to do with the pistol once a move is made. The SC not hearing the bump stock case is not a good harbinger to what may happen with the brace issue, I fear. I like the short barrel for a home defense weapon and I’ll keep it. Whether I try to make it fit their points system or register it as a SBR, I’m not sure yet. I definitely don’t think the ATF should be able to change something they’ve said for years is ok, into something that’s not ok anymore.

One more thing.

It takes 6-9 months now with ATF efile on a suppressor.

Can you imagine the backlog on grandfathering in the pistols?????

You’ll get the approval back in 2045
Yeah, it would be a nightmare. I’ve heard there are as many as 20 million AR pistols out there. There’s no way they could process that in any kind of a reasonable amount of time.

I’ve been waiting 7 months now for a suppressor approval on an eForm 4. Something the ATF said would be done in 90 days. No way they can handle that many SBR approvals.

Yeah, it would be a nightmare. I’ve heard there are as many as 20 million AR pistols out there. There’s no way they could process that in any kind of a reasonable amount of time.

I’ve been waiting 7 months now for a suppressor approval on an eForm 4. Something the ATF said would be done in 90 days. No way they can handle that many SBR approvals.
Im in the same boat at 9 months for an Efile form 4

I had been waiting to get a 9mm MP5 type variant (was close to the CZ Scorpion), but was waiting to see what happens with this BS. Having tripped over a bucket-list gun gun at a great price put the Scorpion on hold for a few months. I guess I have more reason to continue in my hold pattern. I am sick of hearing, "It'll never happen!" in regard to gun laws...

I'd go the SBR route right off vs. sending ATF a bunch of info on & pics of your firearm.
Sending the ATF the picture only applies if you’re trying to SBR your pistol and want to avoid paying the $200 tax stamp. If you want to keep it a pistol and want to try to keep it within the points system, you don’t have to send them anything. If you just want to SBR it, you’d just go through the normal process. Form 1, I believe.

Im in the same boat at 9 months for an Efile form 4
9 months is ridiculous. What was your certification date? Mine was certified and check cashed on March 7. I’ve been following approvals on ar15.com and Reddit. I’ve only seen one eForm 4 approval since 9/28. I think they’ve stopped approving eForm 4s. Lots of paper form 4s and eForm 1s, but the eForm 4s have dried up completely. This is SO irritating.

Sending the ATF the picture only applies if you’re trying to SBR your pistol and want to avoid paying the $200 tax stamp. If you want to keep it a pistol and want to try to keep it within the points system, you don’t have to send them anything. If you just want to SBR it, you’d just go through the normal process. Form 1, I believe.
I know all that. I'll bet not many pistols will get approved based on points. They have the point system rigged very tight. I ran some examples thru their point calculations & couldn't get one to pass with a brace.

The last thing I'm ever going to do is register anything with the feds and pay them for taking all my personal information. I got plenty of ways to have lots of fun on the range without a silencer or a SBR. I personally see no advantage to shouldering a 10" weapon over a 16" weapon. Not saying I don't have any 10" weapons, but I ain't trying to shoulder it. Especially with a stupid little brace all crunched up in my face. Brace law changes, the brace I'm already not using will just get sold off to the highest bidder a couple years from now.

I know all that. I'll bet not many pistols will get approved based on points. They have the point system rigged very tight. I ran some examples thru their point calculations & couldn't get one to pass with a brace.
True. Almost impossible. Not to mention that they also put in there that even if you meet the points, they can still call it an SBR if they want.

Back