testtest

ATF Withdraws Request for Comments on Pistol Braces

wmg1299

Professional
After 48,000 comments opposing the new guidance, and a stern conversation with Sen. Mitch McConnell, the ATF has decided to back off of their attack on pistol braces.

IMO, all the ATF has said it won't take any further comments.

1608773789574.png

This issue will not go away, especially after Jan 20th.

Last edited:
IMO, all the ATF has said it won't take any further comments.

View attachment 13199

This issue will not go away, especially after Jan 20th.

Yeah, I read that article 3 times. I fail to see how this is a win. It merely says the ATF is suspending comments and withdrawing their " Guidance", released last week or whatever.

It did afford Mitch an opportunity to pretend to give a F about common Americans. If Georgia goes down the wrong way anything Mitch told the ATF is completely irrelevant.

They now have our email addresses and IP addresses. They got what they wanted. A supplement to the list they got from stamps.com (for the 80% witch hunt.) I thought about that as I placed my comment (copy n paste) from GOA through Ammoland's link. There are additional links on Q's website.
We just kicked the can a little further down the road. I think they were afraid president Trump would abolish through executive order, their over-reaching agencies. They'll likely come back harder and sneakier than before if president Trump can't turn this election to his favor.

Agreed @krunchnik, all they have to do is look at this forum (at least In my case). If we are unwilling to stand up for our rights, We are doomed to lose them in my opinion.
After filing so many witness slips , through the years , against the bad bills here in Illinois I know I am on several lists and consider it a badge of honor.

I 100% agree that it is us who have to stand up for our rights and to fight for them at every turn. No one else will fight for the 2A . It has to be us.

Another link on this subject. At least in this current case, it looks like some in Congress are stepping up and doing their Jobs. I like that the one new Representative even wants a bill to protect pistol braces and a movement to defund the ATF. I wonder if all those politicians that want to defund the police will agree with this, as the ATF provides law enforcement for Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives related infractions :unsure:. Probably not, since this incident deals with "Gun Control" :mad:

I may be wrong, but it seems to me that maybe, there is a misunderstanding on what the definition of “guidance” is here. I think many people are taking the guidance to mean guidance from the public on whether to implement the changes. The ATF response was that they were withdrawing their request for comment and their guidance on the proposed pistol brace issue. It’s obvious that they are no longer receiving comments from the public on the issue. But, I believe that the “guidance” refers to guidance to ATF officers and courts on what a weapon with a pistol brace is. NOT withdrawing guidance from the public, but guidance to their officers and the courts. In other words, they are not proceeding with their proposed standards defining a pistol with a brace. Hope I’m making sense here.

Comments are one issue. But the withdrawing the ”guidance” is a separate issue.

"We win" (from that TacticalShit article) is an extremely premature thing to say.

If that info source is so naive I won't be checking them out.
It's taken from the firearm Chronicles account, and it's a catchy title meant to grab attention, that says at this point, it's a win in the fact that the ATF has backed for now on this particular instance. I post articles that deal with the particular issues at hand, and of course it's the readers right to agree, disagree, or not read it at all.

Back