testtest

Athlon Outdoors….

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
If anyone gets any subscriptions to Ballastic, Combat Handguns and Personal Defense World which includes Tactical Life, Concealed Carry Handguns and PDW, Athlon Outdoors has stopped all these publications and will no longer publish them, if you have any of these subscriptions, contact there office to get a refund…..this is a FYI

If anyone gets any subscriptions to Ballastic, Combat Handguns and Personal Defense World which includes Tactical Life, Concealed Carry Handguns and PDW, Athlon Outdoors has stopped all these publications and will no longer publish them, if you have any of these subscriptions, contact there office to get a refund…..this is a FYI
thanks, but thankfully the only "gun magazine" i get is the Dillon Blue Press

i actually contacted S/A to stop sending me theirs.

also i told USCCA to stop as well.

i can get all the "gun" magazines at my club to read when i go there. (except for the Blue Press)

Thanks for this. I’ve been wondering where my Combat Handguns mag was.

Do you know the reason for them not printing those magazines any longer? I hope not what I am thinking.

I get endless emails from all these in my spam folder.

Just went online and there is no mention of them not being published. In fact, they are still taking subscriptions.
I was on the phone with them this morning, they are definitely not publishing any of these magazines anymore, “Athlon Outdoors has just decided not to publish any of them”, that’s what the representative told me, her exact words, she gave no reason, I do know several years ago Harris publications went out of business and Athlon took over all there gun related magazines.

I was on the phone with them this morning, they are definitely not publishing any of these magazines anymore, “Athlon Outdoors has just decided not to publish any of them”, that’s what the representative told me, her exact words, she gave no reason, I do know several years ago Harris publications went out of business and Athlon took over all there gun related magazines.
The parent company that bought Athlon also was doing Sports Illustrated, and they DC’s that rag last month or so as well.

Wonder if parent company is anti firearms 🤔🤔🤔

this:

One of the biggest and most familiar series of gun magazines commonly found on newsstands has been sold.

Industry wires report that the Arena Group's Chair and CEO, Ross Levinsohn, notified employees last week that the company has signed an agreement to sell the firearm-related Athlon Outdoors business, noting that the line "did not easily fit in any of our other Arenas." The buyer was not named.

Arena owns over 300 media and lifestyle brands including Sports Illustrated, TheStreet, Parade, and Men's Journal and 100 million monthly users. In the latest quarter, the company posted a $11.2 million net loss, citing a decline in both print and digital subscription revenue.

Meanwhile, its now-severed Athlon Outdoors subsidiary holds such well-known magazine titles as American Frontiersman, Ballistic, Combat Handguns, Guns of the Old West, Personal Defense World, Tactical Life, Skillset, and others including popular annuals such as the Gun Buyers Guide.

Did you know Guns.com Has a Print Magazine Now?

Most of Athlon's brands came via the defunct New York-based Harris Publications which went belly up in 2016 after 40 years on the market. At the time, Harris cited assorted reasons including "the rapid ascendance of digital media" as reasons to shut its doors. Parade Media acquired the brands and was subsequently picked up by Arena in 2022.

In the past several years, Athlon has hosted a growing Outdoors Rendezvous with industry groups and content creators, a sort of a mini-SHOT Show, to help generate buzz on new guns, ammo lines, optics, and accessories. It is unclear if the event will endure the changeover to new management.

................and..................

this:

so the new owner it appears, will only have a digital subscription..???

Bringing a new vision and a female-owned perspective to the outdoor industry, while still staying true to what the firearm community was built upon, Emily Long is the powerhouse ushering in this new era for the brands of Athlon Outdoors. Along with several familiar faces from the previous content and sales teams, including Linas Cernauskas, the newly appointed content director, much of what consumers loved will continue.

“I am truly excited to lead Athlon Outdoors and bring high quality firearms focused content to a wider and more diverse audience. Being able to combine my years of working as a constitutionally minded attorney and my enthusiasm for the outdoors is the best of both worlds,” said Emily Long, CEO and investor at Bleecker Street Publications. “We’ve hand-selected the people involved from Athlon Outdoors and other partners so that we can truly build something that receives the attention it deserves.”

Last edited:
I called Athlon Outdoors and they confirmed that they are no longer publishing the magazines. There was no discussion on their part about a refund. I mentioned that I had re-upped earlier in the year and had only received one copy and the girl at CS said, ‘Yessir.” So I then asked about a refund and she said they could put in for a refund for me but could not say when I would see it. That’s some pretty shady business practices if you ask me. How many people are just going to get stiffed for their subscription fee because they didn’t know to call? Wow.

I called Athlon Outdoors and they confirmed that they are no longer publishing the magazines. There was no discussion on their part about a refund. I mentioned that I had re-upped earlier in the year and had only received one copy and the girl at CS said, ‘Yessir.” So I then asked about a refund and she said they could put in for a refund for me but could not say when I would see it. That’s some pretty shady business practices if you ask me. How many people are just going to get stiffed for their subscription fee because they didn’t know to call? Wow.
Class action lawsuit … 😁

So I then asked about a refund and she said they could put in for a refund for me but could not say when I would see it. That’s some pretty shady business practices if you ask me. How many people are just going to get stiffed for their subscription fee because they didn’t know to call? Wow.
The rep I was talking to told me the same thing, it is bad business, I remember several years ago when Motortrend bought out Hotrod, Super Chevy and Car Craft, Street Rodder, 4Wheel and Off road, and decided to stop all of these publications, but kept Hot Rod magazine, they sent me a letter telling me about it and offered other magazines or a refund, that’s how a business works

The rep I was talking to told me the same thing, it is bad business, I remember several years ago when Motortrend bought out Hotrod, Super Chevy and Car Craft, Street Rodder, 4Wheel and Off road, and decided to stop all of these publications, but kept Hot Rod magazine, they sent me a letter telling me about it and offered other magazines or a refund, that’s how a business works
What’s more I called twice! The first time I called I said, “My Buddy Annihalator…” and they hung up before I could even get the rest out. Shady, I’m telling you…

😇🤪😎

Back