testtest

AVOIDING HYPOTHERMIA WITH THE DEFENSE MECHANISMS HELION JACKET

I didn’t see a MSRP.

Having worked outside my entire life and living in a place with wild weather swings and harsh fall winter and spring conditions I’m a big fan of layering and wearing more clothes than you need most of the time.

By the way, for those on a tight budget and really even if you’re not, army surplus stores sell Army field jackets with the button in liners pretty cheap. And they are excellent cold weather jackets.

I didn’t see a MSRP.

Having worked outside my entire life and living in a place with wild weather swings and harsh fall winter and spring conditions I’m a big fan of layering and wearing more clothes than you need most of the time.

By the way, for those on a tight budget and really even if you’re not, army surplus stores sell Army field jackets with the button in liners pretty cheap. And they are excellent cold weather jackets.

They work fine in dry conditions, but problem with them is when they get wet they go down hill fast.

Of course as I’ve gotten older the cold bothers me more however riding motorcycles in all types of weather I learned quickly what to wear to stay warm and dry. In the beginning it was all about layers. When I started touring I went with heated clothing wired into the bike, heated boot insoles, heated pant and jacket liner and heated gloves. I could ride comfortably down to freezing temperatures Without the bulk of to much clothing. Add a one piece rain suit and I was good for hours. I’m not riding anymore so now it’s remote start on the truck. 🤠

Of course as I’ve gotten older the cold bothers me more however riding motorcycles in all types of weather I learned quickly what to wear to stay warm and dry. In the beginning it was all about layers. When I started touring I went with heated clothing wired into the bike, heated boot insoles, heated pant and jacket liner and heated gloves. I could ride comfortably down to freezing temperatures Without the bulk of to much clothing. Add a one piece rain suit and I was good for hours. I’m not riding anymore so now it’s remote start on the truck. 🤠

My SIL has these hoodies that are heated. They have Milwaukee battery packs in them. He wears them underneath his jacket. He works out in the weather like I do and he says they work great. They aren't cheap. I just envision the old wool battery socks which didn't work worth a damn. He says it ain't like that though.

How's your training going?

I suggest trying Lake Superior in January.
Thanks for asking! We've got plenty of cool, clear water here in Colorado. As a daily exercise I take the last 1-5 minutes of my showers on pure cold. In the summer we've got some glaciers melts that are pretty friggin cold. I appreciate the suggestion of Lake Superior and if I'm ever in the area at that time of year I'll be sure to polar bear it!

Back