testtest

Bent Hellcat Trigger Guard

HTXdad22

Alpha
So I noticed my trigger guard has bent (inward toward the trigger)likely because I over tightened my holster’s retention screw. The trigger still clears the guard, but it bugs me that I let it get bent.

Is this something anyone else has seen on a Hellcat or other pistol made with similar materials? Any idea if it can be quickly?

thanks for your input,
New gun owner

So I noticed my trigger guard has bent (inward toward the trigger)likely because I over tightened my holster’s retention screw. The trigger still clears the guard, but it bugs me that I let it get bent.

Is this something anyone else has seen on a Hellcat or other pistol made with similar materials? Any idea if it can be quickly?

thanks for your input,
New gun owner

The trigger guard on the pistol? If the holster bent that I’d be concerned. I am confused if your talking about the holster or pistol, but regardless have you backed off the retention screw?

Pic would be nice to see the issue.

image.jpg

Damn, never seen that before, thanks for the pic, that is awful weird. I wouldn’t try bending it back out, could make the situation a lot worse.
Yeah, I showed a few friends who have had pistols for years and they didn’t seem to have seen it either.
They mentioned possibly heat treating it myself, but I agree with you. Probably shouldn’t attempt it myself.

Guessing Cross Breed. I have a Cross Breed Reckoning. It has a trigger guard system you tighten down, but wow I think you would distort the holster something fierce before that would happen.

Guessing Cross Breed. I have a Cross Breed Reckoning. It has a trigger guard system you tighten down, but wow I think you would distort the holster something fierce before that would happen.
Exactly right! The crossbreed!

I tightened it so that I can’t easily pull it out, but I don’t think it was over tight. I’m driving all day, so maybe I was putting even more pressure on it that way? the holster itself does not seem distorted.

That is incredible but when you think about it, this area of the trigger guard USUALLY isn't made real strong and doesn't have to be. It is next to impossible to drop the gun and have it strike a surface in the middle of that span. And holster retention systems on most makes would not do this. (Crossbreeds must be beefy systems). :) Most users would only want retention that keeps the weapon in the holster without disconnect using a few pounds pressure so drawing in an emergency is smooth and not an effort. I looked at my Hellcat this morning and can make out just a little area in the same place where my Kydex generic holster tightens on the trigger guard. Maybe this area is open for some modification when SA introduces the Hellcat Mod2.

I said "when" SA introduces the Hellcat Mod II. If you look at the XP line, you see plenty of revisions or "Mod's" in their product line. Why not a HellCat Mod 2?????
There are some improvements SA could make if they listen to their customers and study their returns and repair tickets.
It's just good business to continue to refine and evolve your product. :)

First I would call them a let them know about the issue. More then likely they will want you to ship it to them. Then if they say no I would put some light heat and work it out. Now I wouldn't say anything about over tighten.

Back