testtest

Best Guns and Gear for Summer Carry

My advice is to use one gun for year round carry. If you're going to use more than one gun, go with identical designs. Conditioned response (or muscle memory) could be jeopardized by using guns that function differently.

When I urban carry, which is rare, I carry my 100% reliable Springfield Armory EMP 3 9MM. When I wilderness carry, I carry my 100% reliable Springfield Armory TRP. Since they are both 1911-A1 design, they function identically. Hence, I would not have to waste a precious second or more figuring out which gun I'm carrying.

My advice is to use one gun for year round carry. If you're going to use more than one gun, go with identical designs. Conditioned response (or muscle memory) could be jeopardized by using guns that function differently.

When I urban carry, which is rare, I carry my 100% reliable Springfield Armory EMP 3 9MM. When I wilderness carry, I carry my 100% reliable Springfield Armory TRP. Since they are both 1911-A1 design, they function identically. Hence, I would not have to waste a precious second or more figuring out which gun I'm carrying.
The Springfield Hell Cat is my EDC weapon year-round 100% reliable and 100% Combat Infantry Veteran approved.

I go with my S&W Shield .45ACP pretty much all year round. I did just receive a holster, a Versacary 2018 Commander leather holster. I will say, it's the most comfortable holster I think I've ever worn. Hardly any break in time at all for the leather and it's made very well. Has a nice curve to it so it holds my weapon and an extra mag, almost forgot it was there this weekend. Never have been a big fan of leather holsters but this one seems to be the exception. Can't go wrong with the Shield .45 ACP, very accurate pistol for such a short barrel, perfect size for carrying concealed.

I too carry a Shield, but in 9mm, carries easy, accurate and I can depend on it when it’s needed.
The whole line of Shield pistols seems to be pretty solid. I've never shot the .40 cal Shield but I'm not big on .40 cal anyway. My wife carries a Shield 9mm and she can shoot lights out with it, but my hands are a bit too big for the 9mm. The .45 Shield is perfectly sized for my hands. The more I shoot it, the more I like it.

My one and only EDC is my XDs 9mm with Viridian laser, and Alien Gear IWB holster. Day in, day out, I don't notice it unless I go out for some reason without it.

Today, I got home from work. Put on cycle shorts, cargo shorts with a tac belt over them, my IWB holster, and a tank top. Did 6 miles on my mountain bike for a cardio workout (6 miles, 26 minutes, 800' elevation change up and down throughout), without even caring it was there, ready to go if I needed it. No poking, no rubbing, no interference with any motions.

I second the idea that you need "A" carry weapon. Period. You can have other toys for the range, other weapons for home defense, but for wear and carry? Get one. Learn it. Practice it. Know it well enough that you don't have to think about it. Because if it comes down, and you need it to survive...thinking takes time, and time is your enemy. Let your muscles do the work, and get out alive.

I EDC an XDM 3.8 Conpact. I LOVE this gun. There are a few circumstances that my clothing won’t allow me to carry it and I’ll switch to my Hellcat. It’s amazing how small and light it is considering it holds only 2 less than my XDM. The great thing is the Hellcat and XDM share the same ergonomic heritage and switching between them is effortless. Im getting a brand new red dot for the Hellcat in about 2 weeks. It’s aluminum/glass like a RMSc but cost is SMSc level. More to come!

That’s a good point. I carry a G26 in the summer because it conceals better than the G17, that gets carried in the winter. I also carry my 1911 come the cooler moths when my attire allows. Knowing they are different, in operation, that is where, for me shooting and training will and has to come in. I, personally can’t or won’t be hindered by one specific pistol. Striker fired vs. Hammer fired or safety no safety, ect.

My one and only EDC is my XDs 9mm with Viridian laser, and Alien Gear IWB holster. Day in, day out, I don't notice it unless I go out for some reason without it.

Today, I got home from work. Put on cycle shorts, cargo shorts with a tac belt over them, my IWB holster, and a tank top. Did 6 miles on my mountain bike for a cardio workout (6 miles, 26 minutes, 800' elevation change up and down throughout), without even caring it was there, ready to go if I needed it. No poking, no rubbing, no interference with any motions.

I second the idea that you need "A" carry weapon. Period. You can have other toys for the range, other weapons for home defense, but for wear and carry? Get one. Learn it. Practice it. Know it well enough that you don't have to think about it. Because if it comes down, and you need it to survive...thinking takes time, and time is your enemy. Let your muscles do the work, and get out alive.
👍 Carry gun is an M&P EZ9 in a We The People IWB. HD is my XD Mod2 9. Carry at night to take the pup out is the EZ9.

Last edited:
For the past few weeks it has been a Walther PPS M2, Black Hills 115+P JHP, TFX Pro Sights, Crossbreed/MTR Holster, on a VersaCarry Belt. If I deviate from this in the future it would be for my EMP Contour in a MTR IWB. I have really come to enjoy and appreciate this little gun. My other short guns are both Shields PC 9 & 45

Back