testtest

Best night sights XDS mod 2 9mm

APPilot

Elite
Founding Member
Went to the range today, I’ve got the factory sights. The dark back u post. Having a hard time finding the sights. Any recommendations for high vis night sights for the XDS Mod2?

thanks Y’all!

I have the XD-M 5.25" competition pistol in 9mm, and while I love having an adjustable rear sight, I have the same complaint. It's not an issue for outdoor daylight use, but at indoor ranges, unless there is enough light at the firing line, I have trouble with the rear sight being black as well. It doesn't help that I recently had cataract surgery, and now have 20/20 distance vision, but can no longer see the sights on my gun as well with my dominant eye. When I wore progressive lenses, I could always find a sweet spot where I could see the sight AND the target! ;) I also had to change the front fiber from red to green, as the green is more visible to my aging eyes.

Have you thought of just painting the back side of the rear site to make it more visible? I've thought of doing that. I know a friend of mine has done that with the back side of the front blade side on some of his guns to make it more visible.

I have not personally done that, however, I have shot guns where this has been done to the front blade and it does help with sight alignment. I would suggest painting the rear sights a blaze orange if you plan to have the front sight green, or perhaps neon yellow or white for contrast.

I believe you can still get glow-in-the-dark paint at hobby stores. A jar of that, and a toothpick, and you should be able to put some glow paint into the factory 'dots' on the rear sight. The paint does need light to 'charge' though, from time to time...

Hard to find front sights for XDS-Mod 2, 9mm.Would like some like the ones on my Hellcat

I really like the Speed Sight for the XD. I have been told that it is better to have a gunsmith install them as the XDs are very tight as far as the sights.

I know this an old post but I bought night sights for my mod2 and have 3 people/shops try to get the original sights out and they all felt like they were going to damage the slide so they gave up. Now what?

I know this an old post but I bought night sights for my mod2 and have 3 people/shops try to get the original sights out and they all felt like they were going to damage the slide so they gave up. Now what?
Now contact @xdman. Send him the slide and the sights and let him do it. His prices are criminally low and his turn around time is fast.

Went to the range today, I’ve got the factory sights. The dark back u post. Having a hard time finding the sights. Any recommendations for high vis night sights for the XDS Mod2?

thanks Y’all!
You still have your blacked out rear sight on your mod 2 Xds?

Night Fision Perfect Dot Tritium Night Sights. Have them on my XDm Elite and love them. They also make them for XDs Mod2 and Hellcat. Just check with them first if you have an OSP model.

thanks Y’all!
Not sure if they make them for that gun, but I really like TruGlo TFX Pros.

Back