testtest

Beware of Forum Trolls....👹

What "trolling" is to forums, "hate speech" is to Facebook and Twitter - and excuse to suppress regardless if the author sincerely believes that he is correct. It's the reader's reaction that counts in the world of the perpetually offended.

1604024450521.gif

What "trolling" is to forums, "hate speech" is to Facebook and Twitter - and excuse to suppress regardless if the author sincerely believes that he is correct. It's the reader's reaction that counts in the world of the perpetually offended.
I believe there is truth to your statement. And I agree the censorship of the mainstream social media is ridiculous.

A troll is someone who actively seeks negative a response from community members without actually trying to have a debate on a subject and their only purpose is to disrupt the community to satisfy their own weird fetish.

It's damn near impossible to offend me online as I don't take anything from someone without a face and using an alias as a threat to me.

If you read the last part of my first post you'll see I talked about having disagreements is normal.

This is a quote from my first post.
Not every discussion or disagreement is the result of a troll because we all do have differing opinions on a variety of topics so please refrain from calling anyone out specifically.

I believe there is truth to your statement. And I agree the censorship of the mainstream social media is ridiculous.

A troll is someone who actively seeks negative a response from community members without actually trying to have a debate on a subject and their only purpose is to disrupt the community to satisfy their own weird fetish.

It's damn near impossible to offend me online as I don't take anything from someone without a face and using an alias as a threat to me.

If you read the last part of my first post you'll see I talked about having disagreements is normal.

This is a quote from my first post.
Not every discussion or disagreement is the result of a troll because we all do have differing opinions on a variety of topics so please refrain from calling anyone out specifically.
The problem with the classical definition of a troll is that it presumes that we know what's in his head. To me, what counts is if the statement is factually correct or the opinion expressed by the troll fits the thread and is commonly held by others. If it offends the thread visitors - tough ****.

The problem with the classical definition of a troll is that it presumes that we know what's in his head. To me, what counts is if the statement is factually correct or the opinion expressed by the troll fits the thread and is commonly held by others. If it offends the thread visitors - tough ****.
That's one way of looking at it!

When someone directly insults other members of goes way against the grain of the topic to defy everyone on the thread in such a way to illict a negative return response is an example of a troll or the very least is a mentally disturbed individual.

Example:
This is a Pro 2a group and if a new member jumped on board and started calling for gun bans. I would say this person is a troll because why would you join something that is against the groups main narrative?

Some trolls are clever where they come in to talk on a topic or start a thread that they know will lead to arguments that go against the forum rules and these trolls usually back away slowly to watch the fight. This is like wacking the hornets nest.

Some people who are not trolls maybe just naturally combative, prideful, or defensive which a troll will take advantage of to start the argument.

I haven't seen much trolling here and a vast majority of the members are awesome but we do disagree with each other also, sometimes with a little passion but that's not trolling thats a difference of opinion.

Last edited:
That's one way of looking at it!

When someone directly insults other members of goes way against the grain of the topic to defy everyone on the thread in such a way to illict a negative return response is an example of a troll or the very least is a mentally disturbed individual.

Example:
This is a Pro 2a group and if a new member jumped on board and started calling for gun bans. I would say this person is a troll because why would you join something that is against the groups main narrative?

Some trolls are clever where they come in to talk on a topic or start a thread that they know will lead to arguments that go against the forum rules and these trolls usually back away slowly to watch the fight. This is like wacking the hornets nest.

Some people who are not trolls maybe just naturally combative, prideful, or defensive which a troll will take advantage of to start the argument.

I haven't seen much trolling here and a vast majority of the members are awesome but we do disagree with each other also, sometimes with a little passion but that's not trolling thats a difference of opinion.
Your post is a goldmine if one wants to debate every single sentence. To maintain peace and harmony, I will not do that, but will comment on "I would say this person is a troll because why would you join something that is against the group's main narrative?".
For the hell of it. Just as we compete in sports and not hate each other, we debate to practice when the real enemy is at the gates - like on November 3. I am for the 2A, but I hate how it was written. Plus, as Tucker would say, groupthink is the enemy of everything we hold dear in the USA.

Your post is a goldmine if one wants to debate every single sentence. To maintain peace and harmony, I will not do that, but will comment on "I would say this person is a troll because why would you join something that is against the group's main narrative?".
For the hell of it. Just as we compete in sports and not hate each other, we debate to practice when the real enemy is at the gates - like on November 3. I am for the 2A, but I hate how it was written. Plus, as Tucker would say, groupthink is the enemy of everything we hold dear in the USA.
Well honestly I'm not on this forum for debating so you may have picked the wrong person if that is your intention, I was just trying to further define my definition of a troll and not stir a debate.

I'll reiterate a statement I said earlier, that it's nearly impossible to offend me online and I do not respond back to people with any anger nor would I ever slam the keys of the keyboard in all caps to make a point. I say this so nobody takes my responses out of context.

Good luck on Nov 3rd with whoever you choose to vote for.....😁👍

Well honestly I'm not on this forum for debating so you may have picked the wrong person if that is your intention, I was just trying to further define my definition of a troll and not stir a debate.

I'll reiterate a statement I said earlier, that it's nearly impossible to offend me online and I do not respond back to people with any anger nor would I ever slam the keys of the keyboard in all caps to make a point. I say this so nobody takes my responses out of context.

Good luck on Nov 3rd with whoever you choose to vote for.....😁👍
I already did even though I normally don't vote. In Illinois, the most corrupt state of the Union, that is really a waste of time. This time though I made an exception because of the way the crooks in Springfield want to amend the constitution to be able to steal even more from those who didn't leave yet.

Was what I just posted "trolling"?

BTW, debating opinions is the only good reason to post. I can get information and facts by googling. It's the difference of opinions that makes the forum worth visiting.

To me, there is nothing wrong with stirring a debate. Unfortunately, our collective sensitivities and the intimidation to conform have reached an unsustainable level of 1984 and are not much different from what we saw in the USSR.

I already did even though I normally don't vote. In Illinois, the most corrupt state of the Union, that is really a waste of time. This time though I made an exception because of the way the crooks in Springfield want to amend the constitution to be able to steal even more from those who didn't leave yet.

Was what I just posted "trolling"?

BTW, debating opinions is the only good reason to post. I can get information and facts by googling. It's the difference of opinions that makes the forum worth visiting.

To me, there is nothing wrong with stirring a debate. Unfortunately, our collective sensitivities and the intimidation to conform have reached an unsustainable level of 1984 and are not much different from what we saw in the USSR.
I hear what your saying and there's an awesome thread on here called picking up chicks that has a ton of points to debate that maybe you can join us on.....😁👍

Back