testtest

Bi-pod

Take a peak at these.
Prices will vary, you just need to keep in mind the weight and how you will use it (the way it works, will it work well for my intended use?).

Take a peak at these.
Prices will vary, you just need to keep in mind the weight and how you will use it (the way it works, will it work well for my intended use?).
Are you familiar with these? How do they mount? With the existing bolt/screws that are in the front sling mount?

I would go with the Harris and the Sadlak adapter, keep it simple.

Unless you choose to put it in another stock or put a 1913 rail on the bottom. Then you may want to go with the Atlas.

As I said before, it really depends on your philosophy of use, and budget. There is always a more expensive way of doing things. In the end it just boils down to your mastery of fundamental skills.
I like Harris, simple & proven, no need to break the bank or show off, proofs on the target.

I like this bi pod adapter because you can keep the sling attachment

How does that mount? It looks like screws should be coming in from the other direction, looks very interesting. I read the info but it looks like the screws are coming from the wrong direction in the picture.

How does that mount? It looks like screws should be coming in from the other direction, looks very interesting. I read the info but it looks like the screws are coming from the wrong direction in the picture.
Yeah, for grooves to be away from stock the screws would have to come in the opposite way and then they would be in the way on top of that particular rail. I know it must work but I don't see how.

I bought a Springfield bipod for my M1A thinking it would fit well. Once attached to the M1A, the feet on one of the bipods hits the wood stock when you fold it into the up position. Makes it hard to lock it into place in the up position and I sure would hate to have it put gouges and nicks into the wood stock. Is there some way to mount or modify the bipod to the stock so the feet clear or maybe put some kind of shim into the mounting area? Thanks.

Thanks for the response on the Springfield bipod. I thought I read that it was a decent bipod.....probably on another site...doh...

So I should probably get this adapter and get a better bipod too.

M14/M1A Bipod Adapter : GG&G, INC. M14/M1A BIPOD ADAPTER | Brownells
M14/M1A Bipod Adapter GG&G’s Bipod Adapter for M14/M1A rifles replaces the factory plate under the barrel, permitting the attachment of one of the ...
www.brownells.com

So if i get the Brownells bipod adapter, it only works with a Picatinny rail bipod. The Harris bipod works by mounting to QD swivel studs. So if I understand correctly, the two mounting systems are not interchangeable. Harris only works with the QD swivel which I will then not have a sling attachment because the swivel stud becomes the bipod mount?

Looks like the Atlas bipod is good for Picatinny rails. Just pick if I want a quick release lever or a solid mount.

Sorry if I sound lost. New stuff to me. Thanks.

Last edited:

Although for $22 the "ACvlife 6-9 Inches Tactical Rifle Bipod Adjustable Spring Return With Adapter" appears to be good as I read the Best M1A Bipods rating article, or am I missing something??​

Back