testtest

Black Hills Ammunition.

KLGunner

Staff member
There is a lot of ammunition companies out there, That there is no doubt. Everyone has their own personal favorites. Until this year you wouldn't have caught anything other then Federal or Hornady in any of my firearms! This year I've gotten in touch with several different brands of ammo. While many have their merit and a place or specific purpose there is one that has stood out above all.

Black Hills Ammunition:
From the quality of their rounds to the many different types of rounds they make. Black Hills Ammunition has taken a dedicated place in my home defense load out. They also have a great customer service team that are very knowledgeable. I originally came across Black Hills when looking for a round to do a review of a firearm for an article. I got 200 rounds of their 9mm 115 grain JHP. These rounds have a velocity of 1250 fps. Tested with ballistics gelatin this particular round has 12 inches of penetration when shot from a 4.5" barrel. Not bad at all and will definitely do the job for home defense. They're also not so unreasonably priced that you can't practice with the same rounds you plan to defend you home and family with, averaging around $12 for a box.
1595741864794.png

They have many different rounds for 9mm. They're claim to fame rounds are the Honey Badger rounds. They have a mussel velocity of of 1250 fps and their subsonic round is 1050 fps. These rounds are pretty wicked looking. Looks like the head of a Phillips head screwdriver. They have a penetrating depth of 16" in ballistics gelatin, with a temporary cavitation depth of 12".
1595742815101.png

From customer service to quality of product. Black Hills Ammunition has became my personal defense round. These guys have far more then just 9mm. They have .308, 300 Blackout, .338 lapua, 45 ACP, .380 & 357 to name a few. Give these guys a look, better yet give them a try. You wont be disappointed i know i wasn't.

Disclaimer:
I'm not an employee or affiliate of Black Hills Ammunition. I'm not making any commission from any sales that come from this review. My only intent from this review is to share a great product with fellow gun loving Americans.

I use one of their rounds in my Walther PPS M2 and like the way it shoots. I am thinking of making it my carry round for all of my 9mm's. I will need to run it first but if performance matches my M2 I will be very pleased.

115 Gr. Jacketed Hollow Point+P

Velocity: 1250 FPS

Energy: 399 Ft. Lbs.

I used to buy their factory seconds all the time; mainly 5.56; 50rds for $5.99, 55gr FMJ. Usually slight case blemishes or minor dents, just didn’t pass their QC for gov't contract rounds. They dried up about 10 years ago...and their factory second .308 168gr OTM shot just as well as Fed GM, for less than half the cost.

Never really messed with their pistol ammo, though...

Have to agree with you on the Black Hills Ammunition. Their 168 grain 308 Winchester shoots amazingly out of my Remington 700 target rifle. Results in three shot group within three inches at 500 meters if I do my part. :)

I used to buy and use there factory reloads in my Ruger Vaquero in .45 Colt, never had any issues with the ammo, good company.

Back