testtest

Brand new Emmisary, missing parts, mis-matched mags, stripped screws.

20220630_192740.jpg

Brand NEW Emissary from www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com. As title says, lots of problems. According to
Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore, this is how they got it from the factory. The safety can flop around but if you are gentle it should be good to carry. Also the factory apparently is installing torx scews with a flathead. Get those ladies some torx bits. No returns either.

Attachments

• 20220630_192836.jpg
    20220630_192836.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 116
  • 20220629_150606.jpg
    20220629_150606.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 116
Send it back to SA, they’ll take care of it. It’s not like the Emissary is a cheap pistol. They probably grabbed parts from the SA-35 parts bin!
No I know, I was probably way too sarcastic in my post. I dont think this pistol left SA like this. It has been taken apart by some one along the way and passed off as new. But I did everything right but the SA dealer who had this in stock must have some funny things going on in the back room. My biggest concern is that you really have to take apart a 1911 quite a bit to end up losing the safety detent plunger. And if the amateur gunsmith was this poor, what else did he mess up inside. Imagine buying a new car and all the bolts are rounded off, you wouldnt feel so good even if all the bolts were replaced.

No I know, I was probably way too sarcastic in my post. I dont think this pistol left SA like this. It has been taken apart by some one along the way and passed off as new. But I did everything right but the SA dealer who had this in stock must have some funny things going on in the back room. My biggest concern is that you really have to take apart a 1911 quite a bit to end up losing the safety detent plunger. And if the amateur gunsmith was this poor, what else did he mess up inside. Imagine buying a new car and all the bolts are rounded off, you wouldnt feel so good even if all the bolts were replaced.
yeah, some
jackwagon" along the line monkeyed around with that. problem though, is who, and when, and where.

SA has a very good reputation, they would never send anything out like that. i hope that they can trace the line of custody of that gun, and do what is needed to stop future jackwagons. up to and including denying any more shipments to perhaps that store?

if it was an employee there that did this.

could have been someone at the distributors warehouse just as easily.

maybe from now on, "special" holographic packaging tape could be used to seal all firearms in thier boxes, and if it is broken, do not buy it.

The two different magazines would have raised a reg flag for me.
They absolutely did! But I know things happen. Especially in 2022. I was reading how another manufacturer was shipping too few or wrong mags and had website to request a magazine when the supply chain started working again. I refused delivery of the gun, called the dealer and they offered to fix it. They said they cant supply the mag without me taking possession.

I handled two used emissaries(and a new ronin) and they were pristine I think this blinded me to the problems with this one. Really kicking myself even my job requires me to be very detail oriented. It is brand new, its a really good solid company what could be wrong. Lesson learned the hard way. I did call SA, waiting for a call back.

yeah, some
jackwagon" along the line monkeyed around with that. problem though, is who, and when, and where.

maybe from now on, "special" holographic packaging tape could be used to seal all firearms in thier boxes, and if it is broken, do not buy it.
That is why I hate being in this position. Between a rando consumer, dealer, and factory, who is likely to fudge up a gun and even lose parts. The dumb consumer.

yeah, some

SA has a very good reputation, they would never send anything out like that. i hope that they can trace the line of custody of that gun, and do what is needed to stop future jackwagons. up to and including denying any more shipments to perhaps that store?

if it was an employee there that did this.

could have been someone at the distributors warehouse just as easily.

Don't think you can seal box. We used to open up boxes to inspect firearm and ensure serial number was correct when adding it into stock and putting it into the books.

They absolutely did! But I know things happen. Especially in 2022. I was reading how another manufacturer was shipping too few or wrong mags and had website to request a magazine when the supply chain started working again. I refused delivery of the gun, called the dealer and they offered to fix it. They said they cant supply the mag without me taking possession.

I handled two used emissaries(and a new ronin) and they were pristine I think this blinded me to the problems with this one. Really kicking myself even my job requires me to be very detail oriented. It is brand new, its a really good solid company what could be wrong. Lesson learned the hard way. I did call SA, waiting for a call back.

That is why I hate being in this position. Between a rando consumer, dealer, and factory, who is likely to fudge up a gun and even lose parts. The dumb consumer.
Whenever I have called Springfield A. It’s around 9:30am and I’m never on hold for longer then 2 minutes.
Call them again and wait to talk to someone. Don’t beat yourself up, I own the 45ACP version of the Emissary and it’s a very sweet shooter.

Don't think you can seal box. We used to open up boxes to inspect firearm and ensure serial number was correct when adding it into stock and putting it into the books.
it can be sealed at the factory, and stay sealed until the LGS opens it, logs it, then reseals it with the factory approved security seal. (maybe an extra one can be included into the box..??)

when a customer looks at one in the display case, and actually buys one, THEN have the customer break the seal.

I would call Springfield Armory.
Exactly! Even if they can not help, they have been put on notice someone is messing with the equipment.
When I got my SA 35 I wanted to take it out of the un opened box and compare serial numbers and inspect the pistol before I left.
The salesman may have been new, he seemed surprised I wanted to do that but another salesman standing there said absolutely.

while i'd like to believe SA wouldnt do that my 1911 is in because out of the box the slide actually was locking half
way back while racking due to poor machining im guessing.so if QA didnt catch something as obvious as that,any
things possible.

Back