testtest

Branding, trademarks and logos

Funwithfuel

Custom
Founding Member
I know everything has to be "new" to be current. Does that mean we gotta throw the old by the wayside? I don't have anything against the crossed cannons. I think it's pretty sharp. I haven't forgotten the old marine shooter silhouette either. Is there a reason the old logo was discontinued? Just me, wondering out loud.
Don't know why they couldn't use it for marketing the M1A and 1911 lines. It seems like the products are kinda skewed that way already. Ol timers like the 45s and wood bodied M1s whereas the younger crowd gravitate towards the XDs , AR platforms and hellcats. Am I wrong, what do you all think?

I know everything has to be "new" to be current. Does that mean we gotta throw the old by the wayside? I don't have anything against the crossed cannons. I think it's pretty sharp. I haven't forgotten the old marine shooter silhouette either. Is there a reason the old logo was discontinued? Just me, wondering out loud.
Don't know why they couldn't use it for marketing the M1A and 1911 lines. It seems like the products are kinda skewed that way already. Ol timers like the 45s and wood bodied M1s whereas the younger crowd gravitate towards the XDs , AR platforms and hellcats. Am I wrong, what do you all think?
They've changed the logo?

Honestly, I can’t remember when the logo had the crossed cannons, was that when they first started the 1911’s? I had one of the original 1911’s that came in the white box with I think the blue lettering and image, but, that was many moons ago.

GE5162_Z.jpg

It used to be the bottom right, now they use the top left almost exclusively.

The crossed-cannon logo with the "since 1794" as NOTHING to do with the current "Springfield Armory". Actually, I'd be offended if the current "Springfield Armory" used the cross-cannons as that represents a very special part of our American History and I live here in Geneseo, Illinois where the current company exists (founded by Bob Reese in 1974).

So no, the company here in Geneseo DID NOT come up with all the great guns from America's military past, not even the M14. They just copied it as the tooling for the M14 was sold to Taiwan in 1969 a few years before 1974 and Bob Reese.

Back