testtest

Buying Ammo in California

I have been having 0 success in trying to buy ammo and magazines online in California. I am a new gun owner and want to know is this because of California's strict gun laws?
Thx for your wisdom and help.
It's probably a bit of both. California has very restrictive Gun and Ammunition laws (something to remember next time voting). Below is a link concerning Cali's current Ammunition laws:
California currently has a limit on the capacity a magazine may hold (10 rounds). However the 9th Circuit court of appeals has overturned that ban as being unconstitutional, but until the decision is final, magazine makers are holding off selling magazines with capacities greater than 10 to those in California. You can read about the court's decision and other related topics on this forum's thread here:

That being said, with the ongoing Pandemic and now recent protests, Firearm purchases, ammunition and gun gear (including Magazines), are flying of the selves making it difficult (and expensive) to find much of any around. Good luck with your search, and welcome to the forum and into the Firearm ownership fraternity.

Be prepared to pound the phones and rip open that wallet!

I was having a friend help by calling a couple place once or twice a week. Managed to pick up 1500 9mm and 400 22lr recently. Not cheap BTW. That should do me for awhile. I'm just cutting back on range time until about late 2021 when, hopefully, the supply catches up.

Online purchases have to be shipped to a FFL dealer. Though about that, but locals were quoting $40 or 10% of invoice to receive and do the paperwork. Contact the state attorney general Xavier Becerra and let them know how you feel about it! He's all over supporting the dubious background check for ammo (inherently flawed!!!) and the manufacturers standard clips coming to CA. Let your voice be heard.

Back