testtest

C&H Precision Adapter for EPS on Echelon

I asked yesterday, but I wanted to ask again today, is anyone using the C&H Precision adapter to fill in those ugly gaps fore & aft when an EPS is mounted on an Echelon? I know their plates are suspect at best, but this seems to be the only way to cover that gap. Is ANYONE using this? Does it work well? If you're NOT using it & still have an EPS on your Echelon, do those fore & aft gaps bug you? I'm VERY seriously considering getting an Echelon, so I need to know about this.

Any & all info & feedback would be TREMENDOUSLY appreciated. Thanks again

I asked yesterday, but I wanted to ask again today, is anyone using the C&H Precision adapter to fill in those ugly gaps fore & aft when an EPS is mounted on an Echelon? I know their plates are suspect at best, but this seems to be the only way to cover that gap. Is ANYONE using this? Does it work well? If you're NOT using it & still have an EPS on your Echelon, do those fore & aft gaps bug you? I'm VERY seriously considering getting an Echelon, so I need to know about this.

Any & all info & feedback would be TREMENDOUSLY appreciated. Thanks again
Have an EPS on my Echelon, hate the unsightly gap in front of the rear sight.

gaps where
When you put an EPS on an Echelon, there are significant gaps fore & aft of the sight. From the pics I've seen, it'd drive me bat kaka crazy. Sadly, C&H's sorry behinds are the only ones who make a plate to fill those gaps. The only solace I'd take is that the plate would me nothing more than a space-filler, with the Echelon's recoil lugs still doing most of the work.

When you put an EPS on an Echelon, there are significant gaps fore & aft of the sight. From the pics I've seen, it'd drive me bat kaka crazy. Sadly, C&H's sorry behinds are the only ones who make a plate to fill those gaps. The only solace I'd take is that the plate would me nothing more than a space-filler, with the Echelon's recoil lugs still doing most of the work.
Try springer precision as they sell SA items

Have an EPS on my Echelon, hate the unsightly gap in front of the rear sight.
Hence why C&H Precision makes the plate for it. Basically, it's a filler plate, but given their less than stellar QC rep, I have my reservations. As I mentioned to someone else, THE ONLY silver lining I can find (I THINK) is that because the plate is basically a space-filler, the Echelon's recoil lugs will still be doing most of the work.

However (& I can't recall if it was here or Reddit where I saw the pics), someone who had 1 of these plates posted a pic of it, & it had machining marks & scratches all over it. And let's not forget C&H charges $75 for their plates. For utter KAKA. I'm a DIEHARD devotee of Calculated Kinetics' plates (I have 1 for the EPS on my PDP Pro & 1 for the EPS on my Canik TP9 Elite Combat). Their design is the most practical on the market. The only other company I trust for plates is Eleven 71 Design. They're a TN-based company (important to me because I live there), & a 1 man, 1 machine outfit, & they make their plates put of titanium. And, whereas Forward Control Design clearly states that their plates shouldn't be considered "drop-in" parts & that some filing may be needed to make it fit, if the plate you get from Eleven 71 doesn't fit, you can send it back & the guy will make you a new 1. Their plates ARE pricey ($110-$120, depending on which gun, sight & finish you want), but they're the ONLY plates on the market I've seen that look like just a natural part of the weapon itself. They really are as close to "art" as can be with such a thing. Also, if you need a plate made & nobody offers it, if you send him your slide, he'll custom make 1 for you for $140. I've been thinking about sending him the slide for my IWI Masada to get an EPS plate made for it.

Check their website out. Again, while pricey, for such an important piece of equipment, I think its worth it. My best friend has 2 of them, 1 on his Glock 19 & 1 on his Glock 45 & they're simply AMAZING.
Try springer precision as they sell SA items
I have. No filler plate for the EPS. If I HAVE to, I'll bite the bullet & get the stupid C&H filler. For $75 freakin bucks. Because I DO have a perfectly good & relatively new EPS that I'd FOR SURE Wan to put on it when I get it. And BECAUSE I have that EPS, I'm ABSOLUTELY in no hurry to drop ANOTHER 4 hundo on an SCS 320. ESPECIALLY after all the $ I've already put into my PDP Pro. My wife would probably either smack the taste outta my mouth or laugh me outta the room if I brought THAT up! 🤣

I DID, however, get my Swampfox Justice 2 multi-reticle today (Battlehawk Armory has em for a STEAL) & plan to try it out on my PDP for a while as an EDC optic. On Swampfox's Reddit sub, they posted a pic of it on an Echelon & it looks GREAT. So it's not like I'm without options. I just HATE the idea of spending $75 on a plate from a company with such a crummy QC rep.

Although I don't like the gap it in no way impedes how good this setup is. The iron sight co-witnesses in the bottom 1/3rd of the window.
Oh, I have ZERO doubt that it works properly. But I'm OCD about VERY FEW things, & that gap would drive me bat kaka crazy. In the end, I'd either bite the bullet & get the damned filler plate, or I'd put my recently purchased Swampfox Justice 2 on it (I got it today & DAMN, is it AWESOME).

Oh, I have ZERO doubt that it works properly. But I'm OCD about VERY FEW things, & that gap would drive me bat kaka crazy. In the end, I'd either bite the bullet & get the damned filler plate, or I'd put my recently purchased Swampfox Justice 2 on it (I got it today & DAMN, is it AWESOME).
Does the C&H filler plate fill the gap?

Back