testtest

Carlos was the man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 Confirmed kills at over 2500 yards. Amazing.

"Gunnery Sgt. Carlos Hathcock is a legend of Marine Corps history. One of the most lethal snipers in history, he even repeatedly succeeded in killing snipers sent to hunt him. In one of his last missions on a tour in Vietnam, he crawled nearly two miles to kill a Vietnamese general and escape"
It was fascinating him telling the above mission, as well as him killing "Apache" the Vietnamese woman sniper (took the feather she wore and wore it himself), and the Vietnamese sniper who dueled with him, each trying to get the sun to their back. He saw the sun glint in the snipers scope and fired. He claimed both seemed to fire at the same time. When they came upon the sniper's body they determined Hathcock shot right through the scope and blew the guy's head apart. This "feat" was recreated by another US Sniper to see if it was possible & proved it could be done. Chris Kyle is on record for his admiration of Carlos Hathcock.

I saw this video tonight on another forum I hang at and thought some might be interested. I've read a lot about the man, but it's cool seeing him being interviewed. It's about an hour long so crack a cold one and enjoy my friends.

Just watched it, very good (y). Here's some others on Carlos and his missions and the History of Snipers that contain a segment on Vietnam (which included Carlos), as well as others (including two that got the Medal of Honor for their actions in Somalia).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back