testtest

CDC Gun Violence

I'm not a gambling person, but how long do you figure before some "lawmaker" from the other side submits a Bill that will require proof of vacination when trying to purchase a firearm. 🤔
certain organizations, such as the CDC ought to stay out of the gun debate.

and stick with what they DO NOT know, and get this covid virus taken care of.

then when THAT is done, get on with other DISEASES, and leave ALL the Amendments alone.

i don't recall the CDC being any amendment inducted organization.

The problem with those who target gun violence, they never actually target the gun violence. That would require them to actually go after those who use guns to commit acts of violence. Instead, they go after only those who aren't using guns to commit acts of violence.

The Surgeon General during the Clinton administration decided guns were a public health issue. Fortunately enough of us believed that gun ownership was none of the medical establishment's business and we have some safeguards.

I have no problem with research of the causes of violence, but liberal academia will be unable to face the inevitable truth.

We already know where the problem lies. It is a subculture of violence where violence is the primary means of social discourse and control. Fatherless families and feral children, failed public education, drugs and alcohol, and a prevailing violence ethic provide a perfect foundation for a violent subculture. But our media, and elected officials, haven't the courage to confront it for what it is. Remember when Trump called MS13 animals and Pelosi and her ilk jumped to their support?

Carve out gang related murders, and murders in certain communities where violence is the norm, and the U.S. has one of the lowest murder rates in the world. Put criminals who use guns under the jail and leave them there. But just look at who is in charge in the cities with the highest homicide rates and you get a clear picture of where the problem lies. But rather than address the real issues, let's demonize and de-fund the police and mollycoddle the very criminals who are wreaking havoc. With this, and many other public policy issues, we seem to have entered an alternate reality where common sense is non-existent.

Ok, my opinion here, honestly, if the CDC can’t make up there minds on masks, COVID vaccines and now booster shots, what kind of credibility do you think they will have on anything related to there so called gun violence issue, only the far left will act on anything the CDC might, and I say might come up with. Like it was said here, get rid of the gangs, put criminals in jail, but the left will use anything to try to get there agenda through on gun control, it’s just a fact of life for them.

The Surgeon General during the Clinton administration decided guns were a public health issue.

As someone who went to medical school (no, I'm not a physician, I'm just a nerdy benchtop basic-scientist), when I take my own personal beliefs and biases out of the equation, I can see where those whose focus is on public health (and thus draws funding from public health :LOL: ) would think that public health measures may make a difference.

I half-jokingly tell them that if that's the case, they really need to bring firearms safety to grade-school, just like we've done with sex-ed. That typically brings about some uncomfortable hand-wringing. :p

I have no problem with research of the causes of violence, but liberal academia will be unable to face the inevitable truth.

We already know where the problem lies. It is a subculture of violence where violence is the primary means of social discourse and control. Fatherless families and feral children, failed public education, drugs and alcohol, and a prevailing violence ethic provide a perfect foundation for a violent subculture. But our media, and elected officials, haven't the courage to confront it for what it is. Remember when Trump called MS13 animals and Pelosi and her ilk jumped to their support?

Carve out gang related murders, and murders in certain communities where violence is the norm, and the U.S. has one of the lowest murder rates in the world. Put criminals who use guns under the jail and leave them there. But just look at who is in charge in the cities with the highest homicide rates and you get a clear picture of where the problem lies. But rather than address the real issues, let's demonize and de-fund the police and mollycoddle the very criminals who are wreaking havoc. With this, and many other public policy issues, we seem to have entered an alternate reality where common sense is non-existent.

This is where I'm at with my thinking, too.

I don't think that the problem is one of "gun violence" - rather, it's one of violence, period.

And towards that, I think it's a problem of cultural norms, of morals and ethics.

Also for me, I think that interpersonal/societal violence, as the late Dr. William Aprill ( for those who are reading and are unfamiliar with his works, I *highly* recommend taking the time to view the series of interviews of him that are available for-free on his tribute page on the Personal Defense Network: https://www.personaldefensenetwork.com/article/williamaprill/ - these interviews contain the bulk of his material from his outstanding "Unthinkable" lectures ) suggested, has definite mental health components to it, and that this is where perhaps public health changes and changes in the healthcare system can actually make a difference.

But alas, in today's "colorblind casting" world, we dare not put the blame on any one culture/sub-culture. [ This, despite one former UK police chief noting that by simply telling him the geographic area in London, he could give you objective, quantified data as to who commits the crime in that area, and what type of crimes are committed, so that actually effective targeted enforcement would then be possible. ]

And to try to tackle the underlying erosion of moral/ethical issues? Which politician would like to try to tackle this debacle? Maybe the former California Senator, Leland Yee? https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...on-heading-to-prison-for-weapons-trafficking/ :rolleyes:

My wife is a physician, a pediatrician by training. Y'all can probably guess which side of this particular argument she is on. :) We're on completely opposite sides of this debate, and as I just texted her this past Monday after she sent me an article from the October issue of The Atlantic, I reject the notion that one inanimate object -one that is in the hands of millions in this country- is solely responsible for acts of violence.

The issue is not one of "gun violence." The issue is one of violence, period. It's about why soccer-moms attack each other and even the children they drive to games. It's about why kids target the elderly for "the knockout game" or set fire to stray animals. It's about why passengers attack flight-attendants. It's about why priests commit pedophilia. That a gun or a knife or a brick -or just psychological pressure- is used is secondary to the violence committed.

After all, I'm not picking up my gun(s), now, to go and commit some unspeakable evil? no? And last I checked, I had more than a few, and more than a few rounds of ammo, too.....

1630864127218.png

Something really was pretty wrong with this guy.....and I don't think it was the axe that made him do it. ;)

Last edited:
As a kid I was taught that I was as good as anyone but better than no one, that children should be seen and not heard, that respect is something earned, that it is a two way street, to try to walk in another's shoes, to do unto others as you would have done to you. To respect and assist the elderly. To be kind to defenseless animals and children. That stealing is a great disgrace. To have empathy. To have control of myself at all times, to consider the consequences before taking any action, and to always do my best at whatever task I take on. To the leftists now in control these are all deemed the racist tenets of white supremacists now.

Traditional American values were thrown out the window when they began to teach minority students that they were special, worthy of high regard, owed respect from one and all and not responsible for their 'rage' when they sensed some 'micro-aggression' from the Supremacists that obviously 'hate' them. While they attack people from behind, outnumbering them 5 to 1 excuses for their horrific behavior are devised. Sentences are reduced, bail is not required, catch and release for thefts and assaults, and here we are in a violent, very dangerous place.

Now the CDC wants to be the CBC (Center for Behavioral Control) and steps out into the limelight with a gun grabbing plan of action. The very guns people will need to defend themselves against the monsters they have created and loosed upon us.

They can cram that up their cramholes, as the idiot on Dodgeball would say.

The CDC is the Center for Disease Control. They have no business whatsoever weighing in on the topic of guns and gun violence. I have no problem with members of the CDC, even the director, giving their opinion about guns and gun violence, as long as they make it clear that it is their opinion and not the position of the CDC.

I was on a talk show once; we were discussing an issue related to the military. I asked the public affairs office of my National Guard unit if I was allowed to go on the show, and they told me that I was, as long as I made it clear that I was not representing the military when I expressed an opinion. So in my opening statement, I told them that everything I said was my own opinion and in no way represented any official position of the Guard. The CDC director should do the same.

Back