testtest

Cease fire weekend in Baltimore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmcd

Professional
Founding Member
Just read the article below on line. Who are these people targeting (no pun intended)? "Ceasefire weekend 4 times a year aiming to stop gun violence, demanding people put down their weapons at least for the weekend". Should I assume this means all law abiding citizens as well when they say "people"? Clearly the bad guys aren't going to listen to this (hence the article) Not being from the area, please excuse my ignorance. Maybe someone from the Baltimore area can chime in if they know how this is supposed to work?

It probably works about as well as “Angels Night” in Detroit. The gangs and other miscreants say they won’t be starting any fires. When there are only 100 fires instead of 200 they call it a success.

It probably works about as well as “Angels Night” in Detroit. The gangs and other miscreants say they won’t be starting any fires. When there are only 100 fires instead of 200 they call it a success.
Interesting. We don't have anything like that around here. So basically, they are hoping that some of the "bad guys"are good for a certain amount of time.

Last edited:
Just read the article below on line. Who are these people targeting (no pun intended)? "Ceasefire weekend 4 times a year aiming to stop gun violence, demanding people put down their weapons at least for the weekend". Should I assume this means all law abiding citizens as well when they say "people"? Clearly the bad guys aren't going to listen to this (hence the article) Not being from the area, please excuse my ignorance. Maybe someone from the Baltimore area can chime in if they know how this is supposed to work?

I believe that Baltimore is happy to have one hour a day when nothing bad happens.
The sixty minutes need not be consecutive either.

Sorry, but I find the entire concept disgustingly insulting.
Why we are mentioning insulting, all of our correspondents and permitting here goes through The Criminal History Systems Board. So the law abiding people seeking firearms go through a system that has criminal in the name. That tells you what they think of us. I find that insulting and it really irks me when I get something through the mail with that as a return address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back