testtest

CobraTec knives

papa

Professional
Founding Member
www.cobratecknives.com

I ordered one of their knives , lightweight carbon fiber OTF , on Sat evening 8-22-2020 and it was in my mail today , 8-27-2020.

This is a very nice , well made knife for the money. Knife + S&H , + tax came to a total of $91.79. They use D2 steel for the blade so if you are a steel snob you might turn your nose up at this blade but I am happy with it so far.

The blade has very little movement from side to side or up and down which is something you can't get away from with an OTF.

I just thought I would put this out there so you folks could go take a look for yourself.

After I have had it for a few months of use I will update with the good and the bad.

Looks decent for the money. Does the button retract the blade also or is there a separate procedure for that?

It is a dual action knife. Push forward and blade shoots out . Pull back on the button and blade retracts. Also The button is pretty stiff. I like that because I don't have to worry about it opening while in my pocket.

I have a Kershaw launch 6 that I have owned for a little over a year now. It is a good knife with CPM154 steel for the blade but has no safety . I have cut myself 3 times because of it deploying and I didn't know it. Once I had to go to the ER to get the bleeding stopped. Guess who decided to gently feel around before sticking their hand in their pocket. LOL

The only thing that I will say so far as a con to this knife is the sharpness. While sharp enough for most it didn't quite meet my standards for sharp. A couple swipes each side on my hard stone and it was there though. So , for the price and over all quality of this knife I am very happy so far.

Also wanted to add that as with most OTFs , it has a safety in that if the blade hits something while deploying it will come off tract. It won't even pierce a sheet of paper.

If this happens all you have to do is take hold of the blade and pull all the way out. The blade will lock back on tract and be working again.

I have the Lightweight Black. For the money it is a great OTF. The only negative is it doesn't hold an edge well. I have to sharpen it weekly even though I use a steel on it every evening. But at the price point its well worth the money, and I will likely purchase a smaller version in the future.

Here for an update .
I have had this knife a little over a year now and still carry it every day. It hasn't failed me yet. I do have to sharpen it more often than I would like but it is easy enough to get the edge where I want it. The blade has not shown any tarnish as of yet either.

The blade doesn't have anymore wriggle then it did the day I opened the box it came in and it was a very minute amount then.

The only gripe I have with the knife is that the pocket clip isn't reversible .

If you are looking for an OTF knife that won't break the bank I would suggest Cobratec knives in Texas

Nice EDC tool I also carry a kershaw speed safe flipper I love it you pay for quality stuff made in the USA 🇺🇸

Here for an update .
I have had this knife a little over a year now and still carry it every day. It hasn't failed me yet. I do have to sharpen it more often than I would like but it is easy enough to get the edge where I want it. The blade has not shown any tarnish as of yet either.

The blade doesn't have anymore wriggle then it did the day I opened the box it came in and it was a very minute amount then.

The only gripe I have with the knife is that the pocket clip isn't reversible .

If you are looking for an OTF knife that won't break the bank I would suggest Cobratec knives in Texas
Funny you reposted this. Cobratec opened a new knife shop in Meridian, TX recently upon taking over and old Dollar General store. Been there only couple months now. Pass it going hunting. Always thought of stopping in.

Yesterday I was made aware of a new store about 4 miles from me called 6 Tactical. They have a storefront and they do internet sales and they have comparable to good prices on most things. Anyway I went up there last night to check it out and ended up sitting and talking to the kid behind the counter for about an hour. I think I may have talked myself into buying a CZ Scorpion +3 from them. They also have a store full of cool :poop:. Now I can buy most things I usually buy online for similar pricing and not worry about shipping costs.

How does this tie into this thread you ask? Well, they have a large selection of Templar and Cobratec knives. Last night I went up expressly to check them out, but I think today I may go up, buy me one of those Cobratec knives for $90, pick up one of those Kore Essential gun belts and maybe a nice ruck pack. Might go ahead and order the CZ, but I'm not sure about that yet. That is predicated on holding off on the M1014 I was going to buy. Which frankly I would only barely have enough to cover just the cost of the shotgun, without the needed accessories, at the moment. And plus I can't find one anywhere I trust.

We'll see. I will give my thoughts on the knife when I pick it up later.

Yesterday I was made aware of a new store about 4 miles from me called 6 Tactical. They have a storefront and they do internet sales and they have comparable to good prices on most things. Anyway I went up there last night to check it out and ended up sitting and talking to the kid behind the counter for about an hour. I think I may have talked myself into buying a CZ Scorpion +3 from them. They also have a store full of cool :poop:. Now I can buy most things I usually buy online for similar pricing and not worry about shipping costs.

How does this tie into this thread you ask? Well, they have a large selection of Templar and Cobratec knives. Last night I went up expressly to check them out, but I think today I may go up, buy me one of those Cobratec knives for $90, pick up one of those Kore Essential gun belts and maybe a nice ruck pack. Might go ahead and order the CZ, but I'm not sure about that yet. That is predicated on holding off on the M1014 I was going to buy. Which frankly I would only barely have enough to cover just the cost of the shotgun, without the needed accessories, at the moment. And plus I can't find one anywhere I trust.

We'll see. I will give my thoughts on the knife when I pick it up later.
Have fun shopping !

CobraTec took over an old Dollar General in Meridian about a year ago. Nice new facility.
I pass it every time I go To/From the hunting lease. Nothing else around.
Meridian is a sleepy little - pass thru back highway town

CobraTec took over an old Dollar General in Meridian about a year ago. Nice new facility.
I pass it every time I go To/From the hunting lease. Nothing else around.
Meridian is a sleepy little - pass thru back highway town
I'm reading where these all rebranded Chinese knives. Shipped to Texas as parts and assembled there. Gives me some pause, though they are cheap enough and it isn't like the 10 or so Boker autos I have aren't Chinese as well.

So I picked up a gray FSX medium. It's a solid little knife. D2 steel, aluminum housing. Very sharp. The action is a little stiff, but I oiled it and am currently opening and closing it repeatedly, much to my wife's chagrin. It's not a top shelf knife, but it's good enough for EDC and I won't cry if I lose it.

I also picked up a black Kore Essentials belt, which is fantastic. Under 2 beans for both.

m0aU13A.jpg

Iv4trsE.jpg

Ho8Y2iG.jpg

So I picked up a gray FSX medium. It's a solid little knife. D2 steel, aluminum housing. Very sharp. The action is a little stiff, but I oiled it and am currently opening and closing it repeatedly, much to my wife's chagrin. It's not a top shelf knife, but it's good enough for EDC and I won't cry if I lose it.

I also picked up a black Kore Essentials belt, which is fantastic. Under 2 beans for both.

m0aU13A.jpg

Iv4trsE.jpg

Ho8Y2iG.jpg

My wife calls my Microtech and Spyderco adult fidget spinners lol.

20210529_130925.jpg

Back