testtest

Concealed Carry Myths

David N.

Professional
Founding Member
Here is a good read from Shooting Illustrated for those new to concealed carry and those familiar.

It may seem insignificant, maybe even incorrect, but, in my estimation, with the popularity of so many "trigger safeties", many perps have never held or practiced with the 1911 style manual safety and in the God Forbid case that the old man was disarmed it takes a while for them to figure out how to "turn it on"; maybe just long enough for the old man to draw the backup or E & E.

Trying for every advantage.

My 1911s both have ambidextrous safeties.
They work with either thumb and take no more time to manipulate than to find the Boom switch.
I have read more about mythical issues with the grip safety than with the hammer block type safety on the 1911.
On newer manufacture pistols, there is even a "bump" on that safety to assure it is disconnected even with a crappy grip.
Of course, discharging the 1911 with a crappy grip often produces a malfunction.

Here is a good read from Shooting Illustrated for those new to concealed carry and those familiar.

Thanks for posting David N:
Good info. Other good carry options that can offer alternative ways to carry are "cross-draw" and "shoulder holster" arrangements. Helpful if sitting a lot. Are also specialized clothing arrangements that have holsters tucked into various pockets. One size fits all seldom fits all scenarios. Situations, physical limitations and "Middle age muscle" or pot bellies prevent some forms from being used while sitting or while doing various activities. Concealed carry becomes situational awareness and a way of life as well. Proper concealment can easily vary depending on normal personal activities. Then, never ever forget about firearms attachments because they can limit carry types, holsters and methods when they basically change the shape and configuration of the handgun. Attachments can unfortunately limit or change concealabilty while adding function. Possibly like finding a pot of gold and then dropping it on your foot? :)

Back